Scout
0 Kudos

Careful ordering online

DISSAPOINTED I added this post to the "off topic" discussion and did not recieve a response however someone that commented off my post with a complaint was responded to right away! My dissapointment stems not only from being ignored in this forum but also that I sent a message to customer service about being out the $60 and the customer service representitive appologized however did take ownership and did not try to make it right. I am so confused as I have never had trouble like this in the past.

********ORIGINAL POST********

I was looking for a good camera at a good price that would allow me to not only take good pictures but record good video for my Daughter's show on February 23,2017. This is my latest experience that started on February 16th 2017. At checkout I entered my Visa Debit number and I was prompted for a verified by visa number. Since my RBC visa debit does not have a verified by visa number I cancelled the order. I then proceeded to purchase the order through my paypal account as I do use credit card numbers for online shopping. ISSUE NUMBER 1) The next day I checked my email and there were two confirmation emails showing that I purchased two cameras even though I did not confirm the first order but cancelled it as I could not enter the appropriate information. ISSUE NUMBER 2) Not only did the system generate the cancelled order for some reason it charged me $23.99 in shipping cost. So I called your customer service number and the representative told me to wait until I received the cameras and just return one to the store for a full refund including the shipping. I received a parcel on February 21st which consisted of one camera, one camera bag and two tripods so ISSUE NUMBER 3) the order was missing one camera and bag. Nevertheless, I got into the car and took everything into the local Best buy store where ISSUE NUMBER 4) the representative told me that it was impossible to refund the shipping as there was not a skew number. Eventually I was able to get a representative to refund the shipping and the camera. ISSUE NUMBER 5) The associate refunded the wrong purchase so I was to get a refund through paypal which can take several days. I was not in need of the funds right away so I left feeling satisfied that everything was taken care of and that I would receive my refund and my camera + bag without further issues. ISSUE NUMBER 6) No parcel delivered on Feb 22,2017 and parcel could not be traced so I needed to start an investigation. Feb 23 still waiting for refund from paypal and parcel to be found and delivered. ISSUE NUMBER 7) I called Best Buy again to start an investigation with them to track package as advised through Canada Post and the nice and sincere representative expressed that it showed that someone tried to deliver the package earlier in the day. I had been home the whole morning and there was no delivery so the representative apologized and said that he would add an additional $30 to my refund as to help compensate for the terrible experience that I was having and continue our relationship. With regards to the getting the package I took it upon myself to go the main depot in my City and have a supervisor locate my package and it was found and I was able to get the camera on Feb 23,2017. ISSUE NUMBER 8) Finally I see my refund come through and instead of being $30 more than the original amount it was actually about $30 less than the original receipt. I had to jump through several hoops and go through a lot of anxiety in order to get the camera on time. I understand that things happen that are out of our control but as you can see from the above several of those issues could have been avoided so after everything is said and done I am still out $30 plus the additional promised $30 for my "inconvenience". At this point after speaking to several people over the phone at bestbuy.ca and in the local store I do not think that I will contact anyone again as to avoid any further disappointment and at the end of the day I will probably pay more to make my purchases with other merchants.

Legendary Hero of the Universe
0 Kudos

Re: Careful ordering online

[ Edited ]

This is a peer to peer forum, only customer service can help you with that, this forum is not monitored by customer service.

Also I see no comments on your other post

Community Manager
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Hey @TanyaBiggar

Sorry to hear about your experience.

As this is a peer-to-peer forum and not a customer service centre, the community team on here cannot speak to or resolve any customer issues, however, we can forward the issue you described to one of the teams in customer service at the head office and escalate it. It seems that you have already been coordinating with customer service, but I have also taken the liberty of forwarding this along just now, but I need some info from you. 

I do not see an email in your forum profile. Could you please send me a private message and provide me an email and your order number. I will need to give customer service that information. Don't post that info on here for privacy reasons. Just send me a private message with that info.

I will need your email before I can proceed with anything. I will await your private message before proceeding.

Thanks!

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

Plug-in | Join the conversation

Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

It also helps to paragraph your posts.

Truth Seeker
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Thank you Tanya for sharing your experience . I was about to place an order on  the Best Buy website but after reading your post I decided to spend my hard earned money elsewhere . I have experienced a great deal of frustation making purchaces at Best Buy store . Comparing to other consumer electronics retailers Best Buy associates lack the most basic knowledge about the products they are trying to sell . *** The sentence that was right here has been edited out ****