Community Manager
0 Kudos

Re: Has anyone in Canada received their DJI Mavic from Best Buy?

Hey, @mattnitsch

I have forwarded this inquiry along to the team that handles that category of product. They might not be able to give me a quick answer instantaneously, so I am awaiting more information from them. Once they have provided me some concrete information, I will post that on this thread.

Thanks!

Regards,

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

Plug-in | Join the conversation

Truth Seeker
0 Kudos

that was my exact question. ive had one on pre-order since october with the original release date of nov. 15 but after periodically checking up on the website it would always be changed. i checked their website the other day to find a release date but the product wasnt even on there. personally i am debating on getting my preorder refunded and ordering the drone straight from DJI. at the end of the day i am far from impressed with the communication from best buy and would go as far as calling it pathetic as trying to get in contact with customer service is a total hassle and no one could ever give me an answer on when it could come in or what was even the cause for the delay. highly disapointed would never pre-order from them again and possibly lost themselves a costumer.

Community Manager
0 Kudos

Hey, @daldem.

Welcome to the Plug-In Forum. 

Sorry to hear about the waiting period. I understand the frustration of not getting a definite answer. Customer Service, and all other customer-facing employees, may not have that type of information, and the employees at the stores may not have the most up to date info either when it comes to the actual release date of a product. As soon as the people in charge of that category of business have something concrete to provide the community team, we will post that info on this message thread.

Thanks.

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

The Captain
0 Kudos

WHAT is going on now Best Buy?????????   I was one who pre-ordered in the first hour it went up on site.  Let the above posts indicate, I too was told Oct 15...then 30th...then Nov 15th...THEN 30 th...

then I called customer support as at this point I lost out on 2 overseas shoots with this drone and did not want to lose out again!!  I was told "Dec 15th was the last release date and this date is firm".  Dec 15th rolled around and you guess it...date moved to Dec 31st.  By this date I also lost out an buying it off of **competitor**- it was in my cart for a few hours only (then goen) asI trusted the Dec 15th date and didn't commit.  Lost out on trip to Hawaii.  

Called customer service AGAIN at this point as the date was THEN CHANGED TO Jan 15th. Unbelievable! Or was it.  Nevertheless I called and asked to raise the issue to supervision/managment.  After being on hold I was told that "Best buy has many Mavic ordered thru the vendor/DJI and that this new release date was FINAL...and that 'I will have no problem getting my Mavic on this date and could trust them'.

Got back from Christmas vacation, very dissapointed in no mavic and happy/hoping this terrible ordeal would be over soon; afterall DJI reports they are shipping 7-10 days.  I check my order status and find that "Out of Stock" status is strange.  Soooooooo....I look online at Bestbuy.ca and shocked now to see it not listed AT ALL.  Even given that BB canada was doing several adverts for the Mavic leading up to Christmas (facebook, twitter etc, even a Mavic giveaway). 

I've already purchase all my accessories at USD$ months ago including 5 batteries so that I'd be good to go (back when it should have been here in Mid Nov...).

What is you response Best Buy?  And what is your compensation offered to all those greatly affected by this poor launch- and please don't say "It was out of your control" as changing your release dates etc was obviously was under direct word from DJI; if it was anything else it was poor deception or outright fraud.  Best Buy better not be dropping this product after all this as all the missed ops/ability to get elsewhere and lost $ can't be all in vain!!!!! Smiley Happy

The Captain
0 Kudos

Re: What's the deal with BestBuy and the DJI MavicWHAT is going on now Best Buy????????? I was one

WHAT is going on now Best Buy?????????   I was one who pre-ordered in the first hour it went up on site.  Let the above posts indicate, I too was told Oct 15...then 30th...then Nov 15th...THEN 30 th...

then I called customer support as at this point I lost out on 2 overseas shoots with this drone and did not want to lose out again!!  I was told "Dec 15th was the last release date and this date is firm".  Dec 15th rolled around and you guess it...date moved to Dec 31st.  By this date I also lost out an buying it off of **competitor**- it was in my cart for a few hours only (then goen) asI trusted the Dec 15th date and didn't commit.  Lost out on trip to Hawaii.  

Called customer service AGAIN at this point as the date was THEN CHANGED TO Jan 15th. Unbelievable! Or was it.  Nevertheless I called and asked to raise the issue to supervision/managment.  After being on hold I was told that "Best buy has many Mavic ordered thru the vendor/DJI and that this new release date was FINAL...and that 'I will have no problem getting my Mavic on this date and could trust them'.

Got back from Christmas vacation, very dissapointed in no mavic and happy/hoping this terrible ordeal would be over soon; afterall DJI reports they are shipping 7-10 days.  I check my order status and find that "Out of Stock" status is strange.  Soooooooo....I look online at Bestbuy.ca and shocked now to see it not listed AT ALL.  Even given that BB canada was doing several adverts for the Mavic leading up to Christmas (facebook, twitter etc, even a Mavic giveaway). 

I've already purchase all my accessories at USD$ months ago including 5 batteries so that I'd be good to go (back when it should have been here in Mid Nov...).

What is you response Best Buy?  And what is your compensation offered to all those greatly affected by this poor launch- and please don't say "It was out of your control" as changing your release dates etc was obviously was under direct word from DJI; if it was anything else it was poor deception or outright fraud.  Best Buy better not be dropping this product after all this as all the missed ops/ability to get elsewhere and lost $ can't be all in vain!!!!! Smiley Happy

* This needs MEDIA attention *  I realize much of the blame here lies with DJI..BUT with Best Buy doing what they've done, stringing folks along and No written communication (would love to have had my 2 promises given to me by customer service to have been in email!!) is on PAR with DJI's treatment of it's customers and retailers; so Best Buy is equally at fault for this for their lack of transparency and misleading statements.  Facebook/Twitter all has BB advertising the Mavic being available 'this holiday'. Christmas 2017???  

I've personally lost more $ and LOST OUT MORE OPS (more valuable imho) to Best Buy/DJI scandal...

Pioneer
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Ordered November 17 

Still waiting... 

it was supposed to be my christmas gift from someone, I personally otherwise shop elsewhere. If I can find it at [competitor] I'll go there and cancel my order. 

Pioneer
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I have just cancelled my pre-order (from Sept 29th) with Best Buy Canada. 

I'm not sure what the deal is...  I have read in several places that ***competitor*** is difficult to deal with and poor at communication.  I suspect that is a large part of the problem.  I also wonder if ***competitor*** is dragging their heals with re-sellers like Best Buy because that would prefer to sell as many units as possible directly to the end consumer. 

I think that Best Buy Canada could have been better at communicating.  Its unfortunate that the people that answer the phone when you call customer seervice don't seem to have access to the proper information.  They can only really tell you if your order has shipped or not. 

The final straw for me was last night when I found out that I couldn't get a Best Buy protection plan on the Mavic when I had been told previously (by a customer service agent) that it was possible to add a plan after I received confirmation of shipment from my online order.  This is my first "real" drone and having the extra protection is important to me.  I just ordered directly from [competitor] and will see how that goes!

Pioneer
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I forgot to say... the pricing directly from [competitor] is roughly the same as the discounted pre-order price from Best Buy after the exchange is factored in. Its $999 USD taxes and shipping included.

Community Manager
0 Kudos

Hey, @RandySauder.

The wait for this product is definitely frustrating, and I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Just to address your question about compensation, I can't speak to any sort of compensation or resolution that Best Buy may offer. That's outside the scope of the online community. Something like that would have to be done through customer service.  I can escalate your issue with one of our teams in customer service and have someone reach out to you. If you need me to reach out to them to do that, just send me a private message at your convenience.

Thanks!

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

Community Manager
0 Kudos

Re: What's the deal with BestBuy and the DJI MavicWHAT is going on now Best Buy????????? I was one

Hey, @RandySauder.

The wait for this product is definitely frustrating, and I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Just to address your question about compensation, I can't speak to any sort of compensation or resolution that Best Buy may offer. That's outside the scope of the online community. Something like that would have to be done through customer service.  I can escalate your issue with one of our teams in customer service and have someone reach out to you. If you need me to reach out to them to do that, just send me a private message at your convenience.

To everyone else as well, if you would like me to escalate your issue to one of our teams in customer service, send me a private message

Thanks!

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator