Scout
0 Kudos

Why no service

Today we went to Deerfoot Meadows Mall to buy 2 items.  An electric range - preferrably a Bosch and a small point and shoot camera, prefrerrably a Nikon A900.  We decided to do camera first.  We waited in camera section for about 7 minutes and finally flagged down a rep who eventually sent over an "camera" rep.  We told him we were interested in the Nikon A900 but wanted to see one that actually functioned.  The other models worked but not it.  He fumbled around a bit, muttered to himself and walked away.  We waited and waited and 11 minutes later he still had not shown up and no other rep stopped to offer assistance. 

We walked out.  This cost Best Buy at least a $449 deal and more than likely a total deal of $3700 if we had been served and decided to buy the range as well.

Legendary Epic Genius

Re: Why no service

You should report this to the local store manager.

Legendary Oracle

[ Edited ]

Welcome to the Best Buy Community Plog-in forum @MargSmith Smiley Happy

Bummer to hear of the experience you had at the store. Smiley Sad

I agree with @SonicBoom , that if you experience poor or no service, that it be best to inform the Manager on Duty or Store General Manager. Customer Service can provide you with email address if you like to write either of them.

I also understand from your information that, the display model wasn't working, possibly due to a missing or defective power adapter, which is normally used for display models. in some cases, the standard adapter will not work with some cameras, because it "replaces" the battery pack normally used by the camera. The problem lies in that the battery door must be closed, which ends up cutting the adapter's power cable, or breaking the battery door.Smiley Frustrated

Still no excuse for the Sales Agent to leave you on the floor the way he did. Smiley Embarassed

I too have experienced display models not working due to compatibility of adapters. This is a good way to make use of the Best Buy return/exchange policy, in that you can purchase the unit, and if you like it, keep it, otherwise you can return it within a couple of weeks to change it for another.Smiley Wink

Best Buy is always looking for input from clients as to how to improve quality of service . That's why at the bottom of every receipt, there is information to log onto a very short survey, in which you can provide feedback about your experience at the store. The nice thing is that for giving us a piece of your mind, you get an excellant chance to win up to $1000. and I have served such a winner! Smiley Happy

Err.., 1 entry per receipt .

Scout
0 Kudos

Two things. I do not intend to drive 45 minutes to Calgary to try to try to find a store manager.
Secondly, I would hope that the store managers read this and would reply OR that this site had a manager who would direct these types of comments to the appropriate store manager to investigate. Thank you for your suggestion though.
Community Manager
0 Kudos

Hey @MargSmith.

Sorry about your poor customer service experience. As this is a peer-to-peer forum, what we, the community team, will do is direct your issue to one of our teams in customer service here at the head office.

If you would like to speak to someone from customer service yourself, I can have them reach out to you by email. Just send me a private message and let me know.

Thanks!

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

Plug-in | Join the conversation