Pioneer
0 Kudos

What is the true size of the SiriusXM Starmate 8 Sound System Bundle (ST8-BX3C)? Website errors!

What is the true size of the SiriusXM Starmate 8 Sound System Bundle (ST8-BX3C)?  Discription of BoomBox size appears to be incorrect on the website.

Legendary Oracle

Re: What is the true size of the SiriusXM Starmate 8 Sound System Bundle (ST8-BX3C)? Website errors!

Welcome to the Best Buy Community Plug-in @mCat Smiley Happy

According to the owner manual on page 82, the Dimensions for this unit are as follows:

" Starmate 8 Radio Dimensions: 4.5 in (width) x 2.4 in (height) x 0.7 in (depth) 115 mm (width) x 61 mm (height) x 17 mm (depth) "

" PowerConnect Vehicle Dock Dimensions: 4.1 in (width) x 1.8 in (height) x 1.1 in (depth) 105 mm (width) x 46 mm (height) x 28 mm (depth) "

" PowerConnect Power Adapter Dimensions: 3.7 in (width) x 1.7 in (height) x 1.3 in (depth) 94 mm (width) x 43 mm (height) x 34 mm (depth) "

I hope this helps Smiley Happy

Pioneer
0 Kudos

Re: What is the true size of the SiriusXM Starmate 8 Sound System Bundle (ST8-BX3C)? Website errors!

I was looking for the size of the associated boombox

Legendary Oracle

Hi @mCat Smiley Happy

I found these specifications in the units owner's manual :

Premium Sound System Dimensions: 13.75 in (Width) x 7 in (Height) x 3.75 in (Depth) (350 mm (Width) x 178 mm (Height) x 95 mm (Depth))

I hope it fits and suits your needs.

Cheers Smiley Happy

Pioneer
0 Kudos

Thanks for the details.

I am still uncertain about Siirius after reading the reviews at: consumer affairs . com / home_electronics / sirius . html (remove spaces) 1.25 stars out of 5

Legendary Oracle

I recall my brief experience with satellite radio, it was really nice to be able to select a specific genre of music or whatever content was available, and there was a lot to choose from. As an audiophile I noted that sound quality was not as open sounding as a clean FM station, due to limited bandwidth. The main idea was more selection and some features as a bonus, including reception when FM and AM signals are not available, such as when camping, as long as there is line of sight to the satellite.

Highlighted
Legendary Hero of the Universe

I have had Sirius for about 10 years now and its great. You get a huge selection of channels to choose from so you can always change the channel when you get tired of the songs on the channel you are listening too.

The only negative I can say is that their satalites have seem to have moved since Sirius merged with XM (or maybe they took down some older satalites) so some remote places that I used to have signal, no longer do, not sure if this is a temperary thing or a permanent thing.

As for the sound quality i am no to picky with that as i just enjoy listening to the music so low quality isnt too bad and personally I dont notice much difference between it and my local FM stations, maybe if I was in a bigger city with better FM stations or if I had a higher end sound system I may notice it a bit, but with my stock system there isnt much of a difference.