Scout
0 Kudos

Geek squad Cell phone replacement program.. Worst system/ program ever.

Terrible experience with this program. Replacement program gives a refurbished phone in replacement. The entire experience was frustrating and I would recommend to anyone never to use this program If you plan on purchasing an Iphone, do yourself a favor and purchase the Apple Icare.. Not geek squad. 

Not what I signed up for. Have to pay a refundable fee up front to have them send a replacement(refurb) or send them your original phone and have the inconvenience of not having a phone for a week.

From the time I made initial contact to GS to the final resolution and 4 different phones (including mine) was 2 month experience. Even then no guarantee I would receive a working phone.

Dealing with a mail system and not an instore program is the absolute worst. The poorest service I have ever encountered.

For anyone who reads this, please do yourself a favor and DO NOT use the cell phone program they offer.

F Grade experience.

Troy MacVicar

Legendary Hero of the Universe
0 Kudos

Re: Geek squad Cell phone replacement program.. Worst system/ program ever.

Just as a note, Apple icare sends refurbs as replacements as well

Scout
0 Kudos

Re: Geek squad Cell phone replacement program.. Worst system/ program ever.

[ Edited ]

I understand. Frustrations with a sign of the times, pay more get less and be serviced by a remote representative rather than an in-person, in-store person. There is something to be said for the value of face to face interaction.

Regardless of the refurb the inconvenience and time spent trying to convey the issue over the phone far outweighed the defective phones.