Highlighted
The Captain
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

How to file a complaint re new phone setup by store personnel

I purchased 2 new Motorola X phones last week. The rep knew the plan both phones had were NO DATA phones and yet he let me leave the store without the data turned off. By the time I got home, the one phone had already used 440 MB of data.

Now I'm out $20 and need to know how to get it back or at worst stop this from happening to others. I included this info in my survey response but have had no response from BEST BUY Mobile

Community Manager
0 Kudos

Re: How to file a complaint re new phone setup by store personnel

Hi @Wingnut751,

Welcome to Plug-in. 

Our Customer Service team is who you will want to contact here. You can reach them either by email or by phone, their contact info is HERE

I hope this issue can be resolved to your satisfaction quickly and will help us improve our internal training measures as well.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to assist you.

BBYBilly
Community Coordinator
Plug-in | Join the conversation

Plugin_emailSignature.jpg

The Captain
0 Kudos

I sent an email under delivery and Tracking and awaiting a response. Obviously no one reacts to survey comments as I had included all this info in the comments section there.

Legendary Hero of the Universe

Who is your cell provider? You can also call them and they can disable the data on their end to ensure there is no way for you to use data

The Captain
0 Kudos

I have received 3 emails from the Customer relations referring my issue and email to a higher level of manegement and yet I have received no action to resolve or evenany contact to discuss. Very poor support.

Community Manager
0 Kudos

Hi @Wingnut751,

I'm sorry to hear you have yet to receive a resolution to this matter. I have sent you a private message for more info.

Thank you,

BBYBilly
Community Coordinator

Truth Seeker
0 Kudos

My son went to the Saint John Best Buy this afternoon and was told he had to change phone numbers because he was switching cell phone carriers. The CRTC has mandated a stop to this practise some time ago. Why would Best Buy tell a customer this ? Were they too lazy to make the effort to transfer the information.

He got the phone (with the new number )because he had driven 40 minutes to get to the store, but this should never happen. How can the old number get transferred to the new phone ?

The Captain
0 Kudos

Thank you for your interest but like your team members, you messed up. You sent me an email asking for details, which by the way, was from an non responding email. Offers and requests are great but if I can't respond it seems the offer is rather shallow.

Maybe you should send thar email to your team, executives and managers as non have responded yet.

My perception is that Best Buy is not interested in repeat business, as mine will not be happening.

Legendary Hero of the Universe
0 Kudos

@Wingnut751 You would have recieved a pm from @BBYBilly not an email, check your inbox at the top of the page

Community Manager
0 Kudos

Hi @Wingnut751,

As @Drax86 mentioned, I did send you a private message which you can access up top of this screen. If you're able to reply back with the info requested I'm more than happy to make sure our team is following up with you to resolve this matter. 

I'm sorry for any negative experiences you've had dealing with Customer Service and assure you I'm more than happy to follow up and make sure they're looking after this for you. Smiley Happy

BBYBilly
Community Coordinator