salman
0 Kudos

Rogers, Telus, Bell - VS - Mobilicity, Public Mobile, Wind Mobile, chatter

Rogers, Telus, Bell -  VS  - Mobilicity, Public Mobile, Wind Mobile, chatter all these companies are in competition who is the best mobile company in Canada

xl
Plug-in Legend
Plug-in Legend
0 Kudos

Re: Choosing a cell carrier

[ Edited ]

The answer will be different for everyone. Some things to consider...

• rates plans. Some carriers offer better plans for low use, another is better for a high usage.
  • coverage... Some carriers don't offer service to remote locations. Some buildings will offer repeaters for one carrier and not another.  I recommend speaking to co-workers where they don't get reception
  • phones... Some phones will be available from one carrier and not another.

What else do people think of when choosing a carrier?

strikerthedj
0 Kudos

Re: Rogers, Telus, Bell - VS - Mobilicity, Public Mobile, Wind Mobile, chatter

[ Edited ]

Mobillicity and Public Mobile are simular to the koodo concept with offering basic phones, with basic plans.

Chatter is rebirth made by Rogers and Fido.

Wind Mobile is only REAL cell phone company out of the new ones. It's own network, own plans, and smartphones. They are the next big player. Wind Mobile is connected to Globalive which is a major cell phone provider in Europe. Wind Mobile it's self is modelled after Wind Mobile in Greece which is the only cell phone company in the world to cover 100% of a population of the country they are operating in.

That's the model they are running it from. Wind's business plans shows they want to reach 85% of the Canadian Poplation by 2014 and 99% by 2018. Major goal, but they have the power and money to do it.

If Wind is in your area, go with them, they are going to be awesome.

Justin
Computer Senior
Best Buy 964
Kingston, Ontario
philp37
0 Kudos

For those who work in the oilfields, there are only two options that have coverage.  Those are Bell and Telus.  I was looking to add an air card.  Telus currently has a free laptop or 300 dollars towards any laptop at some retailers for signing up on a two year plan.  Does anyone know if Bell matches that offer?

SONiC79
Emerging Member
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Dont get Virgin they have the worst customer service in Canada!

EddieWinslow
Emerging Member
0 Kudos

Agreeing with the above reply about wind mobile being different.  Canada has the worst Cell phone plans/rates/service in the world it was a study done not to long ago.

of all the countries surveyed for most satisfaction with their cell phone carrier Canada was ranked the lowest.

Wind mobile was polled in this as well.

Each company has perks over the other, shop around, bargain what you can get when you get a good deal/offer take it.  Just don't get lured into a contract with anyone.

if i can offer any adivce is to buy your cell phone outright, it may be expensive to do but over time if your fed up with your company you won't beleive the deals they will give you when you say you are leaving them to go else where

amfriesen
0 Kudos

i needed a blackberry so that i could access my work e-mail so i went with rogers; then my work changed plans to telus and if i wanted to keep having access to my work e-mail i had to change carriers, luckily they changed over my phone number for no charge

the work plan is pretty good (buying/negotiating power) - $30 for 30MB of data ($0.01/MB over), unlimited texting, call display, call forwarding, voice mail, calls are per minutes ($0.10) though but i don't call much with free texting and data

hubby is with fido on a city plan for $25 for 200 daytime minutes with unlimited weekends, evenings and incoming, $11 for package with call display, voice mail, 125 texts and some other things maybe but has to pay $7 for service fee

we haven't checked out the smaller companies as their reach may not work for us as we travel across canada and far north in bc along with usa