Truth Seeker
0 Kudos

Best buy service sucks

Dear Officer:

Last December, i went to the best buy and bought a protection plan for my laptop, it was a total protection. When i bought it, the worker only told me it was 21 each month. In this month, i went to the best buy again and tried to cancel it, the worker told me that due the rule, i cannot cancel it in the first 3 months. However, no one told me this when i bought this plan (not sure if the worker did it on purpose). I wonder how can i cancel this protection plan? I tried to consult this worker but i could not understand him, due to his strong accent. I want to cancel my protection plan now, and i am very unhappy about some workers in best buy. They are so rude and impolite. They are not professional and not passionate, either.

Legendary Hero of the Universe

Re: Best buy service sucks

That's unfortunate, but its also up to you the customer to read all the terms before you agree to it, and not just take the word of the associate.

Regardless though no one here can help you, you would need to contact customer service.

Luminary

Re: Best buy service sucks

You may cancel this Plan, the Service Contract and the Benefits Contract, for any reason at any time within the first thirty (30) days of purchase and receive a full refund of any payment made to this Plan, less the cost of services received and benefits paid, unless otherwise prohibited by law. To receive your refund, you must deliver the cancellation request along with all original purchase invoices to a Best Buy store.

After the first thirty (30) days, you may cancel this Plan (the Service Contract and the Benefits Contract), for any reason at any time by contacting us at 1-800-GEEKSQUAD (1-800-433-5778). You will be subject to a service recovery fee of $100 ("Service Recovery Fee"), which will be applied as follows:

a) if you paid less than the Service Recovery Fee under this Plan on the date of cancellation, you will be charged the Service Recovery Fee less any amounts you already paid of the Plan Purchase Price; or

b) if you paid more than the Service Recovery Fee under this Plan on the date of cancellation, the Service Recovery Fee is waived and you will receive a refund of any unearned portion of the Plan Purchase Price paid by you.

No services or benefits will be received or paid after cancellation or expiry of this Plan.

For the terms and conditions you can check out : https://geeksquad.assurantsolutions.com/~/media/Files/TCs/GeekSquad/2016/GS_TotalPlanDesktopsLaptops...