Pioneer
0 Kudos

Careful if you buy an extended warranty as they prob won't honor it.

A classmate of my Daughter bought an extended warranty for her MacBook Pro and the display died.Tryed to get it repaired under warranty but they refused to even look at.Tech was very rude she asked to speak to a manager he said no.They wanted 900$ to replace it ,she went to Apple and got it done for 600$.This is why after they took over future shop in chilliwack I have never spent a dime there and never will.

Legendary Hero of the Universe
0 Kudos

Re: Careful if you buy an extended warranty as they prob won't honor it.

DId the exteneded warranty actually say the display was covered? Typically the display dies from physically damage which isnt always covered

Plugin_emailSignature.jpg

Pioneer
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

From what my Daughter told me she used it one day and the next when she went to use it had pink blotches in the screen then later it stopped working altogether.There was no physical damage.Also how is Bestbuy 50% more to replace the screen.I got a gift this year this which was purchased with a debit card and I returned it.Girl behind the counter said I could only get a store credit that she couldn't even do it on the cash register.I demanded to talk to manager and Voila you could do it on the cash register and got the cash back.Like I said will never spend a dime in this store place is an absolute joke.

Legendary Hero of the Universe
0 Kudos

Blotches usually indicated broken screen. Best Buy is cost more, likely because they have to purchase the screen from Apple at a mark up, where apple can do it for much cheaper because they arent having to purchase the screen from elsewhere

Plugin_emailSignature.jpg

Legendary Epic Genius

Hi there,

unfortunate experience you had I will admit.

Just to confirm incase anyone else is wondering. Our service plan absolutely does cover the display and any hardware component of the laptop including the AC adapter.

The exception being any sort of physical damage or water damage on the device, this would void any sort of hardware coverage.

Unless you purchased our accidental damage plan - which then will cover everything in its entirety within normal use.

As Drax86 stated - our cost is more because we are a reseller. When you make the product, you can charge whatever you want. but when you are reselling it such as with us, it cannot be sold at a loss. Not to mention with the new Apple Retina displays you need to replace the entire assembly as its glued together, which further increases costs.

Hopefully future experiences with us will be positive.
Senior Precinct Chief Store #965 - Badge #70627
Highlighted
Pioneer
0 Kudos

I'm only relaying what I was told she was sure that it wasn't damaged but it was the way she was treated that got me so upset.The way the sales associate basically bullied her would not let her talk to a manager.As far as the cost of the replacement I could buy the complete assembly online for app 325$,The video I watched on replacing it said it was an hour tops to replace it for a novice.Ive replaced 2 white MacBook screens not that difficult.Like I said I will never spend a dime in your store again.