Scout
0 Kudos

Loud Fan

I just bought an Asus Vivobook X541 from Best Buy yesterday, everything is working well, except the fan is extremely loud, and its constantley on, and pretty annoying. Is there any way of fixing it? Or do I just need to take it into the store and replace it?

Legendary Hero of the Universe

Re: Loud Fan

Does it sound like its just running full speed or is it a clicking or rubbing noise?

Do you usually have it on a desk/table, or something soft like a bed or couch?

Plugin_emailSignature.jpg

Legendary Epic Genius

You should go into your laptop diagnostics and check the temperature of your CPU.  It may be running hot which is why your fan is on all of the time.

Luminary

sometimes it's also signs of high cpu usage. Are you currently running more than one anti-virus program? Have all the build and cumlative updates been completed or are they still running in the background?

You can always go down to the bottom bar right click and pull up task manager and see if there is anything odd running in the background/see cpu usage

Scout
0 Kudos

It sounds like it's running full speed all the time and there's a rubbing/cliking noise. It's usually on a desk. It never feels hot. It has been happening since the first time I turned it on, so I didn't have anything installed or running yet.
Legendary Hero of the Universe
0 Kudos

sounds like a faulty fan, you can return it if you are in your return period or you can get it repaired under warranty if you are passed your return period

Plugin_emailSignature.jpg