The Captain
0 Kudos

Online Orders & Shipping of Online Orders

sorry to border you . my name is Daniel Fortier I am 58 years old . and not a very good computer man .
I just bought a refurbish Dell tower computer desktop . from BEST BUY online . they sold me Dell Optiplex 990, Intel i7-2600,16GB Memory,128GB SSD+1TB SATA Hard Drive, DVDRW, Windows 10 .

but when I receive that from Canada post , I open the box and I saw that unit , but on the front I see window 7 ? I can understand they download window 10 .
but my question is .
how old is that computer ?

I just call DELL , to get some information about OPTIPLEX 990 , the computer I bought online at BEST BUY ?

DELL told me after I giving theme the SERVICE TAG # 2MDYGQ1 on the back of the unit .

the answer is , that computer is 5 years old ???? sold in 2011 .

when you read the description about refurbish , can be a demo or can be on service a little . its a big difference between old a little . I pay 586.97 $ for a computer 5 years old . ???

I trust BEST BUY name its a big business and I feel very confortable with them until when I phone BEST BUY and the person answer me told me , BEST BUY have nothing to do with them online , refurbish computer computer , its a sub business who make business under best buy name ? that the way i understand .

but sale a 5 years old computer desktop / keybord / and a mouse no screen for 568.97 when a new one is like 800 .00 $ ?

i found that sad this kind a business , they think we are stupid . 5 years old computer have no more value on a market .

I dont know if I will get my money back . but i feel i need to responssable and inform the public about these kind of business .

Daniel fortier

Legendary Hero of the Universe
0 Kudos

Re: Online Orders & Shipping of Online Orders

[ Edited ]

Thats some of the risk by buying a refurbished computer. Yes the computer itself may be 5 years old but the specs it has are just as good as one built today.

It sounds like you purchased it through one of the Best Buy "marketplace" vendors

I wouldn't worry too much about the year it was built, it still a good computer for the price you paid

I am myself still running 5+ year old technology

Also new in the same specs you have, you are looking closer to $1500dell.JPG

Plugin_emailSignature.jpg

The Captain
0 Kudos

hello .

if i fix the computer problem ? you asking me .

that what I did ,

because after several email i sent to them but they never answer me not one time .

only BEST BUY  costumer service send me a answer but to tell me they can not help me .

that what i did

i return the computer by mail , canada post but i know I will never get my money back , I will be very surprise to get my money

but i keep my receive from Canada Post with the tracking number on .

you know its a very good business to sale a computer 5 at 6 year old for 600 $ when you know after 6 month a new computer lose 50 % of is value because the evolution is so fast , 5 at 6 year old computer ?

why on is descrption he dont said my computers are very old ,there value are around 100 $ but i sale them 600 $ good deal !

that its why they never answer me ! and the most shocking they do that crouket action under BEST BUY name .

but thank you to show me some interrest but im waiting a month now because i sent that Friday 27 January 2017 , and if no answer about refund my money  . i will just give that to reporter they like when poeple like me get rip off buy a system

you should revove your business name out of them . im already tell every one at work . ho ! my work oild feil for Suncor .

we are 8000 employe and i will be sure to tell every one my nice story .

i hope BEST BUY can help me to get my money back .

Daniel

Community Manager
0 Kudos

Hey, @tunelange.

Unfortuantely, here on the forum, we aren't a customer service centre and we can't resolve any customer service issues (such as refunds). This is a peer-to-peer public forum. Refunds would have to be handled by Best Buy's customer service department. If you have any questions about getting in touch with them, please send me a private message and I can forward your issue along. Thanks!

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

Plug-in | Join the conversation

The Captain
0 Kudos

sorry but i already contact last week the customer service and they said to me they have nothing to do with that . ? but its under there name web site .

Community Manager
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Hey @tunelange.

Can you send me the link (on the bestbuy website) of the product you bought? Was it a marketplace vendor? If it is a marketplace vendor, you will have to coordinate with that vendor for the issue you have described because that vendor is not Best Buy.

If it is a marketplace vendor, then that is a third party vendor that sells off the Best Buy website. They are a seller independent of Best Buy, but they list their products on the Best Buy marketplace. On the product page of each product, on the right hand side above the price, you will see it indicated who the seller of the product is. If it says "sold by Best Buy," then Best Buy is the seller. If it says "sold by <vendor name>," then that means the product is NOT sold by Best Buy, but it is listed on the Best Buy site, sold by one of Best Buy's marketplace vendors.

Send me the link (from the Best Buy Canada website) of the product you purchased so I can see which product you are referring to. 

Click here for a description and explanation of Best Buy Marketplace >

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

The Captain
0 Kudos

sorry sir . you will get the computer desktop probably this week .

i dont have it no more and i dont want this unit no more

when you get it you can check with DELL with the service tag number on the back of the computer who is 2MDYGQ1 .

BUT FOR ME SIR its over , keep it . and try to sale to someone else .

i made mistake to try to save a dollar . i just hope you guys refund me .

have a good day .

Community Manager
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Hey, @tunelange.

I can forward this to someone in our marketplace support team (because I think you bought the computer through one of the marketplace vendors on bestbuy.ca). They might be able to provide you further information. However, I just need to get more info from you to confirm exactly what you ordered.

Could you please send me a private message and provide the following:

1. Your order number

2. Where did you re-send the product to? Where did you send it back to? (because mentioned that you sent it back.)

3. If you have your tracking number for the package, please provide that as well.

I have already sent you a private message, so you can just click "REPLY" to the PRIVATE MESSAGE I sent you, and we can communicate there. Please don't post your order info on here publically for privacy reasons. Please note, that the community team on the forum is only present during business hours on weekdays, so if you reply at night, we will not receive your message until the next business day. I will await your private message.

Regards,

BBYTerence

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

The Captain
0 Kudos

hello Terence .

I reply the way you said but I got a message back about that email do not exist ?

give me a email i can reply you .

Daniel

Legendary Hero of the Universe
0 Kudos

@tunelange the PM will be here at the top of the page, you will see Messages, you should see the message from @BBYTerence there and not your email

Plugin_emailSignature.jpg