Pioneer
0 Kudos

Zenbook UX430UQ with English keyboard?

I've been looking all over the internet for this laptop with an English keyboard...

Best Buy and **competitor** are the "official" vendors listed on ASUS's website, both sell the bilingual version. The only other place I found this model was on **competitor**, but it doesn't say whether the keyboard is English or bilingual and contacting the seller resulted in nothing at all - not even a reply or confirmation they recieved my email.

Did ASUS, who floods Canada with dozens of laptops but only gave us a bilingual model for one of their better affordable ones that aren't ROG? Anyway, has anybody had any luck (aside from **competitor** for +$1600 CAD with shipping and tax) finding this model in Canada with a non-bilingual keyboard?

Luminary

Re: Zenbook UX430UQ with English keyboard?

Pretty much all Asus/Acer/Dell/HP/Lenovo + other manufactures now ship with bilingual keyboards due to canada having 2 official languages. Keep in mind that if you buy one from south of the boarder or not a official seller from Canada it's going to be next to impossible to get it serviced under their warranty.

Pioneer

So this is becoming a new trend? Last time I bought a laptop not from Microsoft was Best Buy in like 2012, but it had an English keyboard.

That's unfortunate if so. I don't mind the keys with extra characters so much as the difference in layout. I guess you'd get used to it after a while.

Thanks for the reply.
Luminary

actually the trend was started back in 2010-2012 if you check out some new articles relating to bilingual keyboards and laptops.

Pioneer

LOL....

I'm almost embarrassed to admit this, but... I just checked out my Vaio (the laptop I bought in 2012 from Best Buy) and just realized for the first time ever it has a bilingual keyboard... I used that thing up until 2014, then bought a Transformer 2-in-1 with a mini English keyboard and finally 2015 I got a Zenbook UX305 which has an English keyboard from Microsoft.

Well, considering that I have no reason to not purchase the UX430 anymore. I think the reviews complaining about the bilingual keyboards scared me a bit about committing to it but wow...