Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

Re: Ask all your Windows 10 questions here!

Usually its Realtek or Atheros. Figures intel would be on point lol.

Senior Precinct Chief Store #965 - Badge #70627
Legendary Luminary

[ Edited ]

doughboy wrote:

Trying to upgrade my windows 8 laptop, but can't since it says it is a volume licensed version. I bought this laptop 1 year ago from Future shop (now Best Buy), why does it have a volume licensed version of Windows 8 on it? how do I get it upgraded to windows 10?

You should speak to someone at a Best Buy store to get that resolved.  If you have a consumer laptop you should not have enterprise license version of Windows (unless you have the laptop reinstalled by yourself or a friend of yours and have forgotten about it, or your IT depart at work reimaged your PC.) 

Legendary Oracle
Legendary Oracle

Drax86 wrote:

yeah i noticed that too with a sony i was fixing up for a friend. Sony seems to have dropped the ball as most other manufactures have said all their drivers are good to go

I noticed some chatter that Sony machines might not have anything until October or November...  https://www.google.ca/search?q=sony+%22windows+10%22+october

Legendary Hero of the Universe
0 Kudos

xl wrote:

Drax86 wrote:

yeah i noticed that too with a sony i was fixing up for a friend. Sony seems to have dropped the ball as most other manufactures have said all their drivers are good to go

I noticed some chatter that Sony machines might not have anything until October or November...  https://www.google.ca/search?q=sony+%22windows+10%22+october

It was right on Sony's website that said October

Truth Seeker
0 Kudos

where to find windows product key

Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

Product keys for Windows 8 and 10 are no longer listed on the devices themselves. They are injected into the computers hardware at the manufacturer. 

You will need some 3rd party (generally free) software to be able to view the applicable license key. 

Senior Precinct Chief Store #965 - Badge #70627