Scout
0 Kudos

Desktop or all in one ?

Which is better need it for general use organizing my music search engines emails will spend a couple thousand want a fairly good one. Any suggestion?

Legendary Oracle
Legendary Oracle

Re: Desktop or all in one ?

I like desktop for expandability..... otherwise a laptop.

Legendary Oracle

I agree with @xl, whenever possible stay with desktop.

All-In-One is like a laptop limited in expandibility.

Scout

My suggestion is desktop 

Legendary Epic Genius

[ Edited ]

The laptop has the ultimate flexibility because you can bring it with you to the office, at home, on vacation, or when travelling for business.

However

(1) it is more expensive than a desktop

(2) it is less expandable than a desktop

(3) it is more likely to break than a desktop

(4) it is more likely to be stolen than a desktop.

Depending on your situation, you may want to be able to bring everything with you wherever you go (e.g. if you are a student or a business traveller) but if you are looking to keep costs down a desktop will give you cheaper options.

Having said that, I don't think I could go back to desktop only now that I've been using laptops for the past ten years or so.

If you are just 'organizing music' and don't need to be video or music-intensive, a simple laptop may be all you need.  Most peripherals today connect via USB which you have on a laptop.  When I say limited expandability, it means more for things like graphics cards or sound cards.

If you are organizing stuff that is mostly online anyway, then a modest laptop may be fine for you.

Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

For a couple grand you can get an excellent future-proof desktop and a great monitor.

I wouldn't bother with an AIO, they have heat issues, you sacrifice performance because everything is crammed into a small area and there is no expandability options.
Senior Precinct Chief Store #965 - Badge #70627