LeeannDavies
0 Kudos

help with desktop trying to play blu rays

hey there... i need some help.... i have a desk top that i would like to play blu rays on but they will not load... how can i fix this? is there a program that i can down load or what can i buy to make this work and around how much would i have to spend to make this work?

wizard17
Plug-in Legend
0 Kudos

Re: help with desktop trying to play blu rays

does your computer have a blu-ray drive ? 

bby wizkid
LeeannDavies
0 Kudos

no it doesn't im guessing... it 3-4 years old and we never put one in so im guessing it did come with one

xl
Plug-in Legend
Plug-in Legend
0 Kudos

You also need software that can play blu-ray. Blu-ray playback software may need updates for the latest codecs.
wizard17
Plug-in Legend
0 Kudos

you would need to purchase a blu-ray drive for the computer, external would be best to avoid having to take the computer apart 

bby wizkid
SonicBoom
Plug-in Legend
0 Kudos

As others have said, you will need to buy a blu-ray drive.

They can be external or internal.  Advantage of internal is that it is cheaper (maybe $60 instead of $100) and fits nice and neatly inside your desktop.  Advantage of external is that it is portable so you can plug it into your desktop, or your laptop, your machine at work, or your mother's desktop.

The Blu-ray drive will likely come with software, so you don't have to worry about that.