mo_mo
Aspiring Member
0 Kudos

price match policy

I called this afternoon to your call centre, this lady said I cannot price match items from other competitors that is limited time only, which means any store that has a black friday event or cybermonday event, which makes no sense. Everytime I call to there is always some incompetent reps answering and she said she is 100% sure. what kind of customer service is that, nothing can be done calling the centre. What kind of price match policy do you have even your reps have no clue.

She's telling me I cannot price match anything if competitors have it on sale, of course it's limited time only that's why it's on sale?

Wilrobin
Emerging Member
0 Kudos

Re: price match policy

See here

"

Our Lowest Price Guarantee

2012 Holiday Update

The Lowest Price Guarantee has been extended!

If you’ve purchased an item on or after November 2nd, you’ll be able to apply for a price adjustment right up until January 6th instead of the regular 30-day limit.

Please note that to ensure a quality shopping experience for all holiday shoppers; we will not process any price adjustments, exchanges or returns from December 24th to 27th.

Remember, the Lowest Price Guarantee does not apply to Boxing Day sale prices.

Whether you shop in-store or online, our Lowest Price Guarantee ensures that you get the best price on all Best Buy products.

Should you find a lower price in-store, in print or online from an authorized Canadian dealer we will beat it by 10% of the difference. Tell us which competitor is offering the lower price; we will verify the price and that the item is in stock and available for immediate sale and delivery.

For previous purchases, should you find a lower price in-store, in print or online from an authorized Canadian dealer we will beat it by 10% of the difference. Present us with your original receipt within 30 days of purchase. Tell us which competitor is offering the lower price; we will verify the price and that the item is in stock and available for immediate sale and delivery.

If our own price is reduced present us with your original receipt within 30 days of purchase and we will refund the difference.

If you purchased the item from BestBuy.ca and there is no Best Buy store in your area, just contact us anytime 24/7 — we’re here to help.

Here are some terms and conditions:

The item must be of the same brand and model and located in Canada. The item must be new and factory sealed and subject to a manufacturer's warranty applicable in Canada. The item must be sold by an authorized dealer located in Canada. Competitors’ prices must be in Canadian dollars and will be adjusted for any fees, taxes or other charges such as environmental handling fees and shipping.

Our Lowest Price Guarantee does not apply to advertising errors or misprints, Boxing Day prices, special educational prices, restricted offers, mail order offers, rebates, coupons, premiums, free or bonus offers, OEM products, limited or minimum quantity or limited time offers, close-outs, liquidations, clearances, and financing offers.

The terms and conditions of the Lowest Price Guarantee are subject to change without notice."

thanks

Billy
MCSA - Apple Product Professional
BBY947
Calgary Alberta
mo_mo
Aspiring Member
0 Kudos

All competitors flyers every week are limited time only FOR THAT WEEK,  that's why there is  a new flyer every week, Which means NOTHING CAN BE PRICE MATCHED ACCORDING TO YOUR POLICY.

bart101
Aspiring Member
0 Kudos

mo_mo wrote:

All competitors flyers every week are limited time only FOR THAT WEEK,  that's why there is  a new flyer every week, Which means NOTHING CAN BE PRICE MATCHED ACCORDING TO YOUR POLICY.

When they say limited time sale they mean 24-72 hour sales or 2-6 hour sale etc. If it’s a week or longer then they will price match it as long as it’s in stock at the competitor.

mo_mo
Aspiring Member
0 Kudos

The item I was trying to PM was more than 2 days, and it's not limited quantity, it is just a black friday event, so once again the csr is incompetent and gave me the wrong answer and try to get me off the phone

Spider-Dan245
Aspiring Member
0 Kudos

Allow me to weigh in on this! Maybe I can help shed some light on the situation. Best Buy will match any price out there and beat it by 10% of the difference, this is true. We will also refund the difference in the event a product you have purchased goes down in price within 30 days of the purchase. However, that policy does NOT apply to holiday sales, IE Boxing Day, Black Friday etcetera.

Your Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Dan
MarkBern
0 Kudos

The policy does not make any sense.

I just tried to price match something and got refused with the same reason, the sale is a limited time sale.

Every sale is a limited time sale, that is the definition of a sale. If you are excluding all time-limited sales, in effect there is no price matching guarantee for any sale that has an end date listed, which is every sale in case of weekly flyers.

To those who suggest that several hour sales are excluded, that is not stated in the policy. If that is indeed the intended policy, then the policy should say exactly that, eg sales lasting under 36 hours are excluded from price matching.

The person who said that all holiday sales are excluded: first of all cyber monday is not a holiday in Canada, it's a regular day. In addtion there is no such restriction listed in the policy that all holidays are excluded. If that is indeed the case, that should be stated clearly in the policy, and in that case at least people would know not to try to price match on Canada Day.

The way it stand, the policy of price matching can be applied completely arbitrarily and creates an illusion that there is a best price guarantee, when in fact there isn't. Everything is open to interpretation, which is exactly what is happening right here, people giving some arbitrary range of hours for sale to qualify, people extending the meaning of "Boxing day sale in the policy to all holidays, etc, etc.

mo_mo
Aspiring Member
0 Kudos

Re: price match policy/.price protection

Totally agree! This is very absurd, you have price match policy that it doesn't apply for black friday sales/cybermonday. But in your policy it doesn't state what's the time frame for a limited time offer, your saying there is no PM at all for any holidays or special sales gimmick you have.

Forristal
Plug-in Legend
0 Kudos

mo_mo wrote:

Totally agree! This is very absurd, you have price match policy that it doesn't apply for black friday sales/cybermonday. But in your policy it doesn't state what's the time frame for a limited time offer, your saying there is no PM at all for any holidays or special sales gimmick you have.

It's not a gimmick - it's all right there, and a limited time offer is exactly what it sounds like - any discount that's being offered for a limited time.  While I think the company is pretty good about matching what we refer to as "regular" sales, they're certainly not obligated to, as per the wording of the policy.  It's not at all ambiguous.  

One of Best Buy's smaller competitors in Canada has a pretty liberal price matching policy.  At the bottom of the long-winded explanations of exactly what qualified, was something to the effect of "The short version is - if we're capable of price matching something, we will", and I think that's an appropriate description here.  We match the prices offered by competitors if follows all the guidelines, or if it's reasonable to do so.  Different retailers work out a variety of different sales, and there wouldn't be a point to advertising exclusive sales for Black Friday/Cyber Monday if other stores were going to be matching them.

It's unfortunate that you've had a bad experience, but I don't think our written policy contains any of the ambiguity you're describing.

MarkBern
0 Kudos

"limited time offer is exactly what it sounds like - any discount that's being offered for a limited time.  While I think the company is pretty good about matching what we refer to as "regular" sales, they're certainly not obligated to, as per the wording of the policy.  It's not at all ambiguous."

As I mentioned previously, every sale is a limited time offer. I don't understand what is the distinction between what you call regular sales and non-regular sales?

In any case, it's good to have it stated clearly here, that Best Buy's price guarantee does not extend to sales. I just wish that this was worded more clearly in the policy, so that people don't have false expectations that Best Buy is actually going to give them money back if there another retailer temporarily adjusts their prices (ie, puts it on sale).

"We match the prices offered by competitors if follows all the guidelines, or if it's reasonable to do so."

I'm glad to know the price match will be done according to whether Best Buy considers it reasonable to do the price match or not. I was thinking it works according to some pre-determined criteria, but thanks for clarifying that the factor at play here is "if it's reasonable to do so".