Truth Seeker
0 Kudos

Bestbuy please stop selling Epson printers

I own an Epson Inkjet printer which I purchased from Bestbuy...

I print maybe 10 pages a month, and everytime I go to print something, my printer tells me I'm out of ink. I just spent $20 on black ink to print something in black and white (after adjusting all of my printer settings) and my printer refuses to print because I'm low on colour ink.

Bestbuy, Epson is notorious for scaming customers when it comes to ink. There was even a class action suit against them. Do some research, protect your customers, and stop selling Epson products to unsuspecting people.

Thank you.

Legendary Hero of the Universe

Re: Bestbuy please stop selling Epson printers

Thats all ink jet printers, that is why the printers are cheap and ink is always so expensive, all printer companies make their money off the ink.

Switch to a laser and you wont be disappointed

Plugin_emailSignature.jpg

Legendary Epic Genius

I love my Epson printer!  I use the scanner function more than the print function, but I also use it to print directly on CDs/DVDs/BDs.

It works much better than my Canon, which was very difficult to set up on WiFi.  (Never could find it on the network).

The software on the Epson works very well and was up in running within minutes.

Luminary

If you print so little and only in black I would suggest to invest your money into a laser printer. Yes they are more expensive up front but than you don't need to worry about the ink drying out over time.

As per the colour ink issue that's some what newer and you will see that in every brand now where it won't print if colour is low. Most ink cartridges can start to dry up in as short as 3-4 weeks once they have been opened. 

Luminary
0 Kudos

Yeah me too.... I gave up on all inkjet printers because I print maybe a few pages a month and the printhead is plugged up with dried ink and refuse to clean. I think I use up at least half of my new ink cartridges for cleaning.

So one year I decided to go laser and colour too.... They had a sale on the Samsung 410w last year because they were discontinued right after that. The sale price was .... wait... am I allowed to say prices here? well under a $100 for a colour laser!!

I have been printing odds and ends throughout the year now and never once did I have to clean the heads or print test pages. It comes with enough toner to print about 500 pages initially and then after that, I have two choices. One is to buy the real Samsung toner which retails for about $90 for each toner cartridge CYMK x 4 or I could buy the generic toner kit for $90 for all 4 toner cartridge from a *competitor* site that rhymes with Michael Bay. 

I will never go back to inkjet. Lasers are just ok when printing photos, but if you want photo quality photos just use one of the real photo labs as the cost is much lower than buying a inkjet printer every year.