Scout
0 Kudos

Bluetooth cordless landline telephones

Hello,

Most of the articles that I've read on which are the best bluetooth cordless landline telephones all talk about the connectivity between from the cell phone to the landline handset.

What I'm looking for is the reverse - I need a bluetooth landline telephone that will connect to my cell phone when I am at the cottage, which does NOT have any cell service. Like that, if I need to work over the weekend and receive telephone calls, I don't need to be locked in the cottage and can get the call on my cell phone (within the bluetooth limitations of distance, obviously).

Would appreciate feedback on whether or not anyone knows of any blue tooth landline phones that allow for this?

Thank you

Legendary Oracle
Legendary Oracle

Re: Bluetooth cordless landline telephones

[ Edited ]

To clarify.... does your cottage have internet service when you can use VOIP?  Or are you relying on your smartphone for internet when at the cottage?

Legendary Epic Genius

I'm a little confused here, hopefully you can clarify @momo2

I found these bluetooth laneline phones that can pair with your cellphone. And from what I can understand you can either use it as a traditional land-line based phone, or pair your cell phone to it so when your cell phone rings, you can pickup on the landline phone, and say leave your cell in an area where there is good reception.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/category/telephones-communications/21333a.aspx?type=product&filter=categ...

However - I reread your second paragraph several times and am having difficulty understanding. If your cellphone does not get signal, whats the point in getting any sort of secondary phone to connect with? Do you just want a physically bigger device thats easier to hold?

Do you want the landline phone to ring and be able to pick up on your cellphone? If this is the case I am not sure you can do that.

If you want permenant telephone connectivity, you'd either have to have a landline signed up with whoever is a local provider in that area, and if that is not an option, the next step would be a satellite based phone.

Senior Precinct Chief Store #965 - Badge #70627
Legendary Oracle

I agree with @Computers_Mike.

In order for a cel phone to work the way you described, cellular service is needed, or Internet access to allow for VOiP as mentioned by @xl .

Because the cel phone acts as a transmitter (Bluetooth) and the cordless acts as receiver, the landline cordless is not set up to alllow for call transfer from cellular network to landline.

Scout
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Hello and thank you for your replies.

To clarify, we will have a landline phone at the cottage, no Internet and there is no cell service.

What I'm hoping for is a way to increase the landline range in area and was wondering if connecting the landline to the cellphone via bluetooth would help with that. However, from what you've mentioned I'm thinking that may not be an option.

Alternatively, would you know if there is a way to increase the landline cordless phone distance range from the base? 

Thank you for all your comments and your help.

it is much appreciated.

Mo

Legendary Oracle
0 Kudos

Hi @momo2

Keep in mind that Bluetooth has significant limitations, one of which is no more than approx. 10 Meters (30ft) of range in direct line of sight.

Yes there is a way to extend the range of your existing cordless phone.

Panasonic makes a range extender for DECT6.0 Plus phones called KX-TGA405B .

This may require a special order from Best Buy Customer Services, or from Panasonic Canada.