The Oracle

Re: Alien: Covenant SteelBook

Wow first time 2 steelbooks with 4k & Bluray
Luminary
0 Kudos

Leprekon wrote:

Yes @Leprekon "decisions, decisions" what one shall we choose? Smiley LOL Even though I do not own a 4K player or TV at this time; I may get the 4K and Blu-ray disc combo. Smiley Wink 

The Oracle

bjmaxvin67 wrote:

Leprekon wrote:

Yes @Leprekon "decisions, decisions" what one shall we choose? Smiley LOL Even though I do not own a 4K player or TV at this time; I may get the 4K and Blu-ray disc combo. Smiley Wink 

I'm getting the 4k since I will eventually get a 4k player.  Funny how some movies get steelbooks, some don't then we get the option of 2 different steelbook formats. Can't always win @bjmaxvin67 when it comes to these lol

Luminary

Leprekon wrote:

bjmaxvin67 wrote:

Leprekon wrote:

I'm getting the 4k since I will eventually get a 4k player.  Funny how some movies get steelbooks, some don't then we get the option of 2 different steelbook formats. Can't always win @bjmaxvin67 when it comes to these lol

No we cannot always win @Leprekon but something is better than nothing and I am glad to be getting more steelbooks; Not so long ago we were singing a different tune concerning the the lack of availability of steelbooks at BBY Canada and happily that is changing; like with all things there is room for improvement. Smiley Very Happy  

Though like you  and many others I am not sure how the movie team decides what movies get steelbooks perfect example was when we first heard that Transformers: The Last Knight was not getting a steelbook. Then all of a sudden @BBYTerence hears  back from the movies team, who heard back from the studio, and then they tell him that the plan now is now for Best Buy Canada to get a Transformers: The Last Knight steelbook, but there is still no official listing stating "Transformers: The Last Knight Steelbook" it is all very confusing. Smiley LOL

Epic Genius

Like you guys, I'll get the 4K combo to be future proof.

Once again, this seems like a shared run with the USA, so anyone wanting this should pre-order right away as qty must be really limited!

Luminary

Definitely 4K. There is no point in saving a few dollars and getting a DVD anymore. Pre-ordered!
Highlighted
Luminary

[ Edited ]

Limited amount back In stock. 

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/Search/SearchResults.aspx?type=product&query=alien+covenant+steelbook

EDITED:

IT IS NOW SOLD OUT ONLINE 

Luminary
0 Kudos

Anybody get theirs to ship yet? Maybe I'm just impatient but I'm kinda used to getting shipping notices the day before release for new movies.... and this still shows as Processing for my order. No shipment yet! Eek! Smiley Surprised

The Oracle

[ Edited ]

goofysuperman wrote:

Anybody get theirs to ship yet? Maybe I'm just impatient but I'm kinda used to getting shipping notices the day before release for new movies.... and this still shows as Processing for my order. No shipment yet! Eek! Smiley Surprised

Nope not me either @goofysuperman. My cc and gc haven't even been charged. Usually it be done by now but not this title. 

Epic Genius
0 Kudos

@Leprekon @goofysuperman

Hum...  I've ordered the 4K Steelbook edition.  Been charged Saturday and got my shipping notice yesterday 20:13 EST.  Package has since been moving in Mississauga in transit now for Montreal.

Which editions did you guys order?