Luminary
Community Manager
0 Kudos

Re: Beauty and the Beast

Thanks @Marcus05.

Beauty and the beast is live on the site.

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

Plug-in | Join the conversation

The Captain
0 Kudos

No 3D? Smiley Sad

Legendary Luminary
0 Kudos

goofysuperman wrote:

No 3D? Smiley Sad

Nothing but the listing is up...in record time compared to other releases...and we're already getting upset? Come on.

Luminary

[ Edited ]

Thank You @Marcus05 for the update!!! Smiley Happy

Your right @pikachuforever the listing  was really up in record time compared to other releases;  please just make this a on going trend. No complaints here; way to go Best Buy Canada!!!Smiley Very Happy  @goofysuperman I do not believe http://www.bestbuy.com/site/beauty-and-the-beast-steelbook-includes-digital-copy-blu-ray-dvd-only--b... is available in the Best Buy USA either. 

Legendary Luminary
0 Kudos

The lack of 3D might not even be Best Buy's choice -- it may be Disney's. The Jungle Book and The Force Awakens were both released without 3D in their initial releases, and then got re-released with more features and 3D later in the year. Rogue One's 3D disc is exclusive to the steelbook, and isn't included in regular releases. To my knowledge, Frozen and Big Hero 6 were never released with 3D discs either. So we may not even be getting the disc right now, or in the future.

Luminary
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

pikachuforever wrote:

To my knowledge, Frozen and Big Hero 6 were never released with 3D discs either. So we may not even be getting the disc right now, or in the future.

Your are right they were never released with 3D discs either in North America. Smiley Sad But if I recall correctly @pikachuforever I believe Big Hero 6 was released at Target (or Targeé if you want the store to sound more classy and exclusive Smiley Wink) and I really do not recall Frozen being released in steelbook in North America. I remember that because I went to Future Shop to see if there was a steelbook and I was told they did not release one. I could be wrong but all the Frozen Steelboks I have seen are from overseas.   

The Captain
0 Kudos

Yeah, I have a feeling a 3D release could come in the fall ala Force Awakens and Jungle Book.

Rogue One, while having a same-day release for 3D in store exclusives, is speculated to have a deluxe package released in the fall with included deleted scenes that are not on the current upcoming release. May also have 3D as a wide-release then too. 

If their marketing strategy stays the same then.

I have the Rogue One 3D Steelbook on order already, I do want to get Beauty & The Beast as well, and the Steelbook is gorgeous, so I may have to double dip that one if a 3D is released later on. Throw the 3D in the Steelbook and toss the useless DVD.

... and then do it all over again when Disney finally boards the 4K train... lol