Community Manager

Fate of the Furious Steelbook

[ Edited ]

Fate of the Furious is available for pre-order online.

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

Plug-in | Join the conversation

Luminary
0 Kudos

Re: Fate of the Furious Steelbook

Thank You @BBYTerence, for the notifiaction: I was able to order the steelbook. My question is have you or anybody else seen this movie; because I have not yet but from the past movies I feel it will be good.Smiley Very Happy

The Oracle

It's really good @bjmaxvin67. There's a few Paul Walker tributes in the movie. If you enjoyed the first 7 then nothing to be disappointed but man gotta love the Busting of the jewels of Roman Smiley Happy. Never gets too old, but no forehead remarks Smiley Sad
Luminary
0 Kudos

Will this one have a surprise 4K disc in it like La La Land did? I did not order the La La Land Steelbook because I wanted the 4K and it was not mentioned anywhere that it had it included, so I missed out on that! Smiley Sad Poor descriptions/details given about the product really do affect purchasing decisions... 

Luminary

Leprekon wrote:
It's really good @bjmaxvin67. There's a few Paul Walker tributes in the movie. If you enjoyed the first 7 then nothing to be disappointed but man gotta love the Busting of the jewels of Roman Smiley Happy. Never gets too old, but no forehead remarks Smiley Sad

Hey @Leprekon

Hopefully I see it this weekend but your right you have to love the busting of the jewels of Roman. Nothing beats the famous line The Rock had in The Fast & Furious 6 when The Rock walks in and Rome yells out "Better grab the baby oil!" and The Rock replies better grab that big a** forehead.Smiley LOL

Epic Genius

[ Edited ]

@goofysuperman

Just a guess but at the price of $29.99 I don't think there will be a 4K disc in there.  But the smart move would be to pre-order it.

When you receive it, and if it doesn't have what you want in it, you can always return it for a refund, just don't open it.

At the price of $36.99 for La La Land I didn't understand how they could charge that much for a single Blu-ray and knew something had to be wrong.

When you have the chance, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS Pre-Order.  You can always return it later.

As for all the folks who did spend $36.99 for La La Land not knowing there would be a 4K copy, and at the "price ends April 27th" sale price, does this mean Best Buy can easily raise the price of steelbooks? When they carry very, very limited quantities of it?

But then again there are all those steelbook copies of "Jason Bourne" with 4K kicking around.

And Ghostbusters 4K...and the Xander Cage 4K...

$29.99 is a steal for a steelbook these days  People would pay that just for the case alone for Fast 8.  No movie.

That title would easily sell for $36.99 without a 4K.  Especially to all those who have previous Steelbooks in the series.

Anybody who misses this pre-sale has no excuse.

Legendary Epic Genius

casey1985 wrote:

@goofysuperman

Just a guess but at the price of $29.99 I don't think there will be a 4K disc in there.  But the smart move would be to pre-order it.

When you receive it, and if it doesn't have what you want in it, you can always return it for a refund, just don't open it.

At the price of $36.99 for La La Land I didn't understand how they could charge that much for a single Blu-ray and knew something had to be wrong.

When you have the chance, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS Pre-Order.  You can always return it later.

As for all the folks who did spend $36.99 for La La Land not knowing there would be a 4K copy, and at the "price ends April 27th" sale price, does this mean Best Buy can easily raise the price of steelbooks? When they carry very, very limited quantities of it?

But then again there are all those steelbook copies of "Jason Bourne" with 4K kicking around.

$29.99 is a steal for a steelbook these days  People would pay that just for the case alone for Fast 8.  No movie.

That title would easily sell for $36.99 without a 4K.  Especially to all those who have previous Steelbooks in the series.

I agree with most of your points except for the ones saying that people would pay $29.99 for an empty SB of FAST 8.

To be honest, 4K is a deterrent to me for SteelBooks.  I am the reverse of goofysuperman because I bought it thinking that it didn't have the 4K disc.

I do price comparisons before purchasing so if BBC or any retailer is out of line in terms of pricing, I will go under consideration and into my decision process.

Epic Genius
0 Kudos

@SonicBoom

I'm not interested in purchasing any 4K steelbooks either simply because of the price.

I will never own any of the electronics that make use of 4K so I will never need the discs.

Blu-ray is the end of the line for me.

Legendary Epic Genius

casey1985 wrote:

@goofysuperman

Going to second this, especially with how quick these pre-orders sell out. Better to buy and return than regret not buying later.

Epic Genius

If anyone missed it, this is now back in stock for pre-order:

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/fate-of-the-furious-steelbook-only-at-best-buy-blu-ray-combo-201...?

@BBYTerence

Why so much back-and-forth with all those pre-orders (live, sold-out, live again, sold-out)?  Do the product buyer changes his allocation while the pre-order phase and adjust their qty???