Luminary
0 Kudos

Re: Ghost in the Shell

Looks like this release is prone to bad quality, the first I ordered had a good front but the back under the "J" card had all of these small indents.

Re-ordered and the second one had a bend on the front corner, and the back under the "J" card had a couple of those indents.

I'll probably return them both and re-order from the US if they are still available, if for no other reason than it's a different stock.

Epic Genius

And... hum... knowing how BBY Canada (and all other major retailers) returns policy works... how do you plan to return an OPEN movie case???  Just trying to make an exchange in store is already "something"... can't imagine try to completely return it and get your money back ???

Jacques1400 wrote:

Looks like this release is prone to bad quality, the first I ordered had a good front but the back under the "J" card had all of these small indents.

Re-ordered and the second one had a bend on the front corner, and the back under the "J" card had a couple of those indents.

I'll probably return them both and re-order from the US if they are still available, if for no other reason than it's a different stock.

The Oracle

Drum18 wrote:

And... hum... knowing how BBY Canada (and all other major retailers) returns policy works... how do you plan to return an OPEN movie case???  Just trying to make an exchange in store is already "something"... can't imagine try to completely return it and get your money back ???

Jacques1400 wrote:

I have done this a few times @Drum18 but it was retuned by mail with customer service allowing me to do this. In store might me a different story a short I can only do exchanges for open items. 

Luminary

Drum18 wrote:

I've done it several times before, at times the manager needs to give the OK, but it usually works out.
Damage under the "J" card is not something that can be seen while wrapped any way.

Once or twice they only accepted to exchange, which is also fine because I open it at the counter.
If the Steelbook is not damaged, win win, otherwise they don't have a choice but to refund otherwise they would have to start opening multiple Steelbooks at a loss. Smiley Wink
Highlighted
Epic Genius

@Leprekon

That's a really clever way to do it. Never thought of returning a damaged copy online. Smiley Surprised

Good to know it worked for you bud.  In store customer service can always be tricky with those kind of situation, even with a Manager.  You and I truly understand that it's impossible for us the customer to notice any defect under the jcard before unwrapping it but it's rare I find someone who get us the collectors. Smiley Frustrated

Jacques1400 wrote:

I've done it several times before, at times the manager needs to give the OK, but it usually works out.
Damage under the "J" card is not something that can be seen while wrapped any way.

Once or twice they only accepted to exchange, which is also fine because I open it at the counter.
If the Steelbook is not damaged, win win, otherwise they don't have a choice but to refund otherwise they would have to start opening multiple Steelbooks at a loss. Smiley Wink

The Oracle

Drum18 wrote:

@Leprekon

That's a really clever way to do it. Never thought of returning a damaged copy online. Smiley Surprised

Good to know it worked for you bud.  In store customer service can always be tricky with those kind of situation, even with a Manager.  You and I truly understand that it's impossible for us the customer to notice any defect under the jcard before unwrapping it but it's rare I find someone who get us the collectors. Smiley Frustrated

Jacques1400 wrote:

Ya I just sent it back and was told to reorder the item (this was when you could actually reorder it after it being released). I have mentioned it to @bbyTerence but I think one way to prevent scratches is once the artwork is put on  is to put the plastic protective sheet like they have on tv's, fridges etc.  If they didn't put j cards it be easier to inspect them and make the cards like the sleeves. That's my opinion on steps to help @Drum18

Luminary

Leprekon wrote:

Ya I just sent it back and was told to reorder the item (this was when you could actually reorder it after it being released). I have mentioned it to @bbyTerence but I think one way to prevent scratches is once the artwork is put on  is to put the plastic protective sheet like they have on tv's, fridges etc.  If they didn't put j cards it be easier to inspect them and make the cards like the sleeves. That's my opinion on steps to help @Drum18

Another alternative would be to copy the Mondo releases with the plastic cover, it would reduce spine slashes, and protect the Steelbook itself in store and at home. A small cost compared to the amount of damaged goods BB must get with damaged returns.

The Oracle

I bought the plastic sleeves that have the tape peel like you see at flea markets for media and in China town. Saw that on HDN site and other forums of how to prevent scratches at home. Drives the wife nuts and it's a pain if I leave JCards with them which I'm starting not to for majority of them. The hard plastic cases to too expensive.
Luminary

@Drum18 @Leprekon

Just returned from the store, it just happened that the manager was at the CS desk.

When she saw my return was opened, she took a quick look at the contents and stated what I already knew " We are not really supposed to take back open media", and then handed it to the cashier and said "It's OK, no problem".

I had checked BB US prior, and they were out, so I asked the cashier if there was any stock since the website showed "Store stock information is not available at this time." and they had 2.

In short, got a perfect Steelbook in exchange for my opened damaged one, and my $5.65 adjustment since I had been charged the pre-order pricing. So all is well. Smiley Happy

Legendary Epic Genius

I have done this before too, but it is risky because legally, they are not allowed to return open media, only exchange.

However, if you can convince customer service that you just opened it and didn't take/copy anything out, they can be generous sometimes, but it is at their risk.

I found a big 5" scratch under the J-card on the back of my FATE OF THE FURIOUS SteelBook.  Fortunately, I had a duplicate and they let me return my scratched one.