The Captain
0 Kudos

Re: Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2 Steelbook?

It'll have the standard Bluray as well. 3-D isn't a hugely popular format (hence why manufacturers are bailing on 3-D tv technology) and 4K is still new so it will be included.
Scout

I hope those steelbook listings are accurate, but I find it bizarre that Best Buy Canada is the first to list a UHD Blu-Ray release from Disney when Disney themselves have yet to announce any official releases on the format.

Luminary
0 Kudos

TM2-Megatron wrote:

I hope those steelbook listings are accurate, but I find it bizarre that Best Buy Canada is the first to list a UHD Blu-Ray release from Disney when Disney themselves have yet to announce any official releases on the format.

I also at this time I do not see any listings for Gaurdians of the Galaxy Vol 2 online in the Best Buy USA site to confirm the contents of the steelbook (maybe it will show on Monday). Maybe they are going on information from interviews that James Gunn really wants a 4K Marvel Movie Home Video Release.

http://screenrant.com/james-gunn-guardians-galaxy-marvel-4k-blu-ray/ 

Luminary

@bjmaxvin67 that is the most ridiculous thing i have read this week. A Billion dollar company is gonna through up items for pre-order that aren't coming becaues of an article ? 

Luminary
0 Kudos

pikachuforever wrote:

Dr. Strange was the first one that did that as far as I know (and the second version didn't even come to Canada!). My Cap America 2 and 3, along with my Avengers 2, Guardians and Ant-Man steels all have 3D Blu, 2D Blu and Digital Copies -- but no DVDs (so technically for the completionists, these aren't complete versions). The only one that had everything was Avengers 1.

So hopefully it follows the earlier pattern and not the new Strange precedent.

If you are strictly talking Marvel/Disney, Dr. Strange is indeed the first Steelbook with 2 configurations, but it started with the Moana exclusive Digibook only available at the competitor.

BD/DVD Combo's are still in high demand South side, by offering 2 configurations they cater to the individuals who have no need for 3D or 4K at a lower price break.

The actual first Steelbook title to offer 2 configurations was Jack Reacher - Never go Back, others are:

Ghost in the Shell

Logan

XXX - return of Xander Cage

The Fate of the Furious

Alien - Covenant

To be noted, the UK exclusive of GOTG which has also sold out is a 3D/BD edition, so my guess is that it will be a Dr. Strange type scenario for North America with 2 configurations, but still no 4K.

Luminary
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

TomBergeron wrote:

@bjmaxvin67 that is the most ridiculous thing i have read this week. A Billion dollar company is gonna through up items for pre-order that aren't coming becaues of an article ? 

I was being sarcastic @TomBergeron; I did not think a Billion dollar company is gonna through up items for pre-order that aren't coming becaues of an article. Smiley Indifferent But I would find it ridiculous that a Billion dollar company like Disney were to decide to change their mind about when they were going to release 4K because of a director; I do not think that would happen I could be wrong. From what I understand Disney was holding out until 4K Blu Ray players with Dolbyvision came out. Not that Dolbyvision is making its way into 4K finally, but Disney should start releasing things in 4K before too long. Hopefully later this year because alledgedly Disney plans to begin releasing titles on 4k Ultra HD Blu Ray format by the end of 2017. But my since we are dicussing Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 my question is has anybody seen anything from Best Buy USA concerning not just a 4K and 3-D steelbook; but any GOTG Vol 2 steelbook release at this time.  

Luminary

Did Best Buy jump the gun too early? All product for the Guardians Vol 2 4K editions have been removed from the website, regular, Steelbook and all. Wonder if that's because Disney told them not to have it up yet, as it hasn't been officially announced yet... hmmm

The Oracle
0 Kudos

goofysuperman wrote:

Did Best Buy jump the gun too early? All product for the Guardians Vol 2 4K editions have been removed from the website, regular, Steelbook and all. Wonder if that's because Disney told them not to have it up yet, as it hasn't been officially announced yet... hmmm

It was released as a preorder on a U.K. Retailer that does steelbooks and that was put up before Bestbuy Canada. 

Luminary
0 Kudos

Hey @goofysuperman, the odd thing is while all the product listings for the Guardians Vol 2 4K editions have been removed from the website; I still see it on my preorder history as "Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (English) (SteelBook) (Only at Best Buy) (4K Ultra HD) (3D Blu-ray Combo) (2017)" so I wonder if that is still how they plan to release this steelbook. Alledgedly Disney does not plan to begin releasing titles on 4k Ultra HD Blu Ray format by the end of 2017 so I am wondering if Best Buy is waiting for final confirmation as to how to list this product (maybe it will be 4K, 3-D and 2-D bluray). Smiley Happy

Luminary
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

TomBergeron wrote:

A Billion dollar company is gonna through up items for pre-order that aren't coming becaues of an article ? 

Well @TomBergeron the fact that all products for the Guardians Vol 2 4K editions have been removed from the regular website, Steelbook and all does speak volumes.  So I wonder while Best Buy are not going to through up items for pre-order that aren't coming becaues of an article; it seems like Best Buy did jump the gun too early and Disney told them not to have it up yet, as it hasn't been officially announced yet. Smiley Indifferent 

At any rate it is not on the listing at this time so I guess we will wait and see what happens to what contents will actually be available for this steelbook.  There may be a 4K disc because as I stated before Disney alledgedly does not plan to begin releasing titles on 4k Ultra HD Blu Ray format by the end of 2017 so I am wondering if Best Buy waiting to see what happens GOTG Vol 2 maybe one of these titles.