Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

Re: Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2 Steelbook?

pikachuforever wrote:

As all the material I've seen online so far for GOTG Vol. 2 has only mentioned 4K/Blu-ray Combo Packs and Blu-ray/DVD Combo Packs without 3D, I would register a guess that either:

1. It's not coming with 3D and it's misprinted, or

2. Best Buy is offering an exclusive 3D Disc again [which is the option I'm thinking is most correct]

They did announce a 3D release on Blu-ray in Europe and other parts of the world, so the disc master does exist.

However, I agree with you that a standard Blu-ray disc will be included.

Luminary
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

BBYTerence wrote:

I'm not familar with what the specs mean exactly, so I don't know if this helps, but I'm told it is 4K BD and digital.

Thank You for the update @BBYTerence but sadly it is still does not help. Smiley Sad Plus when I try to look on the USA's Best Buy site about the Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol 2 Steelbook there does not seem to be any information concerning a steelbook; maybe someone else can check it out; I may have missed it.  At any rate I think I will wait till Best Buy USA places this steelbook on their site before I place an order to confirm if they are actually having 4K and 3-D combo  like BBY Canada. Smiley Happy 

Thank You again BBYTerence for your help. Smiley Happy

Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

SonicBoom wrote:

They did announce a 3D release on Blu-ray in Europe and other parts of the world, so the disc master does exist.

However, I agree with you that a standard Blu-ray disc will be included.

I'm talking in North America specifically that I haven't really seen much mention of a 3D version, thus suggesting the potential exclusive (and the fact that it's another Disney movie, and the last time they did this it sold like gangbusters).

Epic Genius

@BBYTerence

The problem here is that the web listing of both GOTG Vol 2 are not clear?

Image3.jpg

(4K Ultra HD) (3D Blu-ray Combo)

When I see this, I supposed it includes 4K + 3D + 2D + Digital HD ???  Normally, all previous Disney/Marvel 3D combo included 3D+2D+HD...

Could you be sure to get the real answer please?  Even if I plan in the future to go the 4K route, I want to be sure that this set will include the 2D Blu-ray as that's all I have right now... and I'm not alone on this forum.

Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

pikachuforever wrote:

As all the material I've seen online so far for GOTG Vol. 2 has only mentioned 4K/Blu-ray/Digital Combo Packs and Blu-ray/DVD/Digital Combo Packs without 3D, I would register a guess that either:

1. It's not coming with 3D and it's misprinted, or

2. Best Buy is offering an exclusive 3D Disc again [which is the option I'm thinking is most correct]

James Gunn confirmed on Twitter earlier this afternoon that Best Buy will be selling an exclusive Blu-ray 3D Combo pack, so that confirms my suspicions. I'm assuming the steelbook is that Combo Pack, along with the 4K.

gotgvol2.JPG

The Oracle
0 Kudos

Does this mean the combo pack will have 2k bluray too?
Epic Genius
0 Kudos

At BBY USA, it's different as they have 2 editions.
-4K combo
-3D combo

So... what about us in Canada?
Community Manager

It is a 3-disc set.

4K, 3D, BD, DC

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/guardians-of-the-galaxy-vol-2-english-steelbook-only-at-best-buy...

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

Plug-in | Join the conversation

The Captain
0 Kudos

I think this has been answered already, but @BBYTerence if we got the pre-order before the link was taken down earlier, we'll still receive it?  Just confirming that i dont have to reorder.  Thanks!

Community Manager
0 Kudos

DoodlesMom wrote:

I think this has been answered already, but @BBYTerence if we got the pre-order before the link was taken down earlier, we'll still receive it?  Just confirming that i dont have to reorder.  Thanks!

I was told that the orders that were placed before the link was taken down are valid and good. I'm pretty certain that you do NOT need to re-order, however, to err on the side of caution, I would suggest you contact customer service to confirm your order status and explain your concerns due to the link being taken down previously. They can access your order info to give you a confirmation about your specific order.

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

Plug-in | Join the conversation