Truth Seeker

If I preordered a movie and the price got lowered, do I get it for the lower price?

I recently preordered a copy of Rogue One: A Star Wars Story and noticed there was a slight price decrease from $26.99 to $24.99. I realize that a $2 difference is no big deal, but would I be able to get it for the lower price? I can provide my order # if necessary.

Legendary Hero of the Universe
0 Kudos

Re: If I preordered a movie and the price got lowered, do I get it for the lower price?

Usually pre orders will get price adjusted automatically at release time, if it doesnt then you can contact customer service and have it updated

Plugin_emailSignature.jpg

Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

Re: If I preordered a movie and the price got lowered, do I get it for the lower price?

You can also bring your PDF receipt to any store and they will adjust the price for you.

The Captain

Drax86 wrote:

Usually pre orders will get price adjusted automatically at release time

Here is the statement on the Pre-Order FAQ page [http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/help/pre-order-faq/hc8229.aspx]:

"Pre-Order Guarantee. Our Pre-Order Guarantee ensures that if the price of an item you pre-ordered drops before it ships, you will automatically be charged the lower price."

The "Guarantee" is a sham based on my past experience with pre-orders.  The price never gets adjusted automatically at release time. You have to call or email every time to get the adjustment. It's inconvenient.  It's one of the biggest  Best Buy bald-faced lies. Pre-order after pre-order. Time after time.  Many people have reported this dysfunctional pre-order price adjustment system. This has been going on for years. Best Buy does not listen to its customers. They refuse to acknowledge the system is broken. They make no effort to fix it. They will continue to deceive people with false guarantees. It is highly unethical. A class-action lawsuit may be necessary to get Best Buy's attention.

Luminary

Yeah, but we're Canadians, and we're too nice to sue Smiley Sad

I just called in this morning and got my price adjusted. Thought I was going to get the old "It's out of stock so the price guarantee does not apply" shtick since I've had that happen in the past with New release items that are out of stock on release day. 

And now I see there is a free Funko Pop with any Star Wars movie purchase... does not say whether its' online or in store only or good for both...

Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

I agree with goofy.

It's a drag that we have to monitor and adjust pre-order pricing, but it is quite easily done.  I've never received a hassle.

Besides, I think they do adjust the price sometimes -- just not every time.

Yes, I do hope they fix it. 

Luminary
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Just to add to my previous post... the free Funko Pop DOES apply in-store as well as online!

Went to pick up my in store reservation of Rogue One Steelbook today and since the store was out of stock on Funko's, they let me order one online of my choosing, free of charge! Smiley Happy Now that's customer service! 

Epic Genius
0 Kudos

@SonicBoom

Makes me wonder how many people DON'T monitor the price and never notice the price drop.

And therefore never receive the price adjustment since it isn't automatic.

Sounds to me like Best Buy is managing to keep a lot of twonies from oblivious customers.

Now you can start the class action lawsuit.

Or just file your own lawsuit.  You know,for the stress from dealing with customer service, sleepless nights waiting for the adjustment.  All the sleepless nights leading up to release dates waiting to see if they will automatically adjust the price as they claim they will.  Nervous breakdowns causing depression and mental illness and therefore missing days of work.

So Best Buy...why is it up to the customer to monitor a situation that you say will take care of itself?

And just where are all those customers' $2 coins going that you aren't giving back?

I can hear it in the Best Buy offices now.

"Oops our mistake.  Did the system not catch that AGAIN? Weird how that keeps happening..."

"SHHHH   keep it quiet.  That's been going into our year end bonuses for years!"

I think this requires an investigative journalism story. Bigger than all of the Trump BS.

Get your alternative facts and spin doctors ready.

Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

I don't see a smiley in there, but I hope that your post was with deep sarcasm because I hardly think anyone is losing sleep over it.

Yes, the system should automatically adjust, but there are always mistakes to be made, and Best Buy isn't the only online retailer who makes these mistakes.

Here is a more worthy question to ask:  Even if I order the same items every day from McDonald's for breakfast, I oftentimes will get different totals.  WHY IS THIS?!?  It boggles the mind!

The Oracle
0 Kudos

I totally agree with @SonicBoom but with Timmies. Also with all the constant mistakes that they only do in Drive thru lol