Luminary

La La Land Steelbook

[ Edited ]

Sorry @Drum18 I  did not know you had already posted that La La Land was ready for preorder online with Best Buy Canada. But here it is again http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/la-la-land-bilingual-steelbook-only-at-best-buy-blu-ray-2016/m22....

Epic Genius

Re: La La Land Steelbook

For anyone looking for this, some copies just appeared online.. wonder why... Smiley Wink

Image2.jpg

Highlighted
Luminary

Re: La La Land Steelbook

Drum18 wrote:

For anyone looking for this, some copies just appeared online.. wonder why... Smiley Wink

Image2.jpg

They are sold out now; but I love the arrow @Drum18 Smiley LOL .

Epic Genius

Re:La La Land steelbook

@bjmaxvin67

Are you saying that you have already seen the La La Land Steelbook in Best Buy stores?

I thought it was being released this Tuesday coming.

Luminary

Re: Re:La La Land steelbook

[ Edited ]

casey1985 wrote:

@bjmaxvin67

Are you saying that you have already seen the La La Land Steelbook in Best Buy stores?

I thought it was being released this Tuesday coming.

Sorry @casey1985 I did not see it at a Best Buy it is coming out on Tuesday; I misspoke I should of said I saw it on a site called **competitor** I do apologize for the confusion. Smiley EmbarassedBut here is what it looks like and Best Buy's photo do not do it justice. Smiley Happy 

http://www.hidefninja.com/community/attachments/lalaland_i1_0629-copy-fit-to-width-431x431-q80-png.3...

http://www.hidefninja.com/community/attachments/lalaland0623-copy-fit-to-width-431x431-q80-png.30672...

Epic Genius
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

@bjmaxvin67

Thank you so much for posting the images.  Now I actually want this steelbook!

I admit I like white steelbooks.  The first steelbook I bought was Terminator Genisys because I liked the white with the red title on the spine.  Plus it was cheap (I believe it was under $20.00 - maybe even $14.99?) when it was released I think because of the lack of box office.  I believe they were just trying to sell as many units as possible to get some money back.

When I first saw the La La Land steelbook I thought "it's a nice classic style but it would be better if it was white."

I thought this because I like the 70th Anniversary Box Set of "Casablanca" and I would like to see a steelbook with that image on it with the white background.

I still haven't seen La La Land yet (I don't go to theatres anymore...too time consuming) but I want to see it because I love Emma Stone and because of all of the Oscar praise.

There was also a nice white "Sherlock Holmes" steelbook with blue print I believe that I would like to get but it's too pricey now.

The other white steelbook I purchased recently is the "Heat Definitive Director's Remastered Edition"

Thanks again!

Luminary
0 Kudos

casey1985 wrote:

@bjmaxvin67

Thank you so much for posting the images.  Now I actually want this steelbook!

I admit I like white steelbooks.  The first steelbook I bought was Terminator Genisys because I liked the white with the red title on the spine.  Plus it was cheap (I believe it was under $20.00 - maybe even $14.99?) when it was released I think because of the lack of box office.  I believe they were just trying to sell as many units as possible to get some money back.

When I first saw the La La Land steelbook I thought "it's a nice classic style but it would be better if it was white."

I thought this because I like the 70th Anniversary Box Set of "Casablanca" and I would like to see a steelbook with that image on it with the white background.

I still haven't seen La La Land yet (I don't go to theatres anymore...too time consuming) but I want to see it because I love Emma Stone and because of all of the Oscar praise.

There was also a nice white "Sherlock Holmes" steelbook with blue print I believe that I would like to get but it's too pricey now.

The other white steelbook I purchased recently is the "Heat Definitive Director's Remastered Edition"

Thanks again!

Hey @casey1985,

No problem it was my pleasure posting these images. As I stated before the images Best Buy posted did not do this steelbook justice and it does actually look good. Like you I actually might want to get this steelbook; but the operative word is "MIGHT". Smiley LOL I went to see this movie and it deserved every oscar nomination it won; but I do not know if I like it enough to purchase this movie ( I guess I will find out Tuesday) and if I miss out "OH WELL". Smiley Happy

And, yes, white steelbooks do look nice the first white steelbook I also bought was Terminator Genisys and the second was  the Labyrinth 30th Anniversary Steelbook I loved that movie as a kid. 

Luminary

Don't know if the Steelbook will make it to the stores for Tuesday:

bby.JPG

Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

Store delivery is different from home delivery.

The stores likely already have their stock in the back by now.

Luminary

@SonicBoom

Agreed, Store stock and online stock is different, but it's the same warehouse is it not?

To me this indicates a warehouse delivery delay since the notice was sent on Thursday or Friday, and BB is refunding the shipping charges. Tuesday releases are normally shipped over the weekend, using the term loosely.

My concern is simple, I won't get my shipment until after the release date, which now forces me to purchase a 2nd. copy at the store in case of a damaged copy arriving by mail at some point, the batting average lately has not been good.

My Rogue One Steelbook was received damaged on the Wednesday, which was way too late to get a replacement copy from stores, fortunately @Leprekon helped me out on this.

If indeed there's a store delivery delay, it complicates things even further.