Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

Re: Logan blu ray and steelbook

uly55e5 wrote:

SEE! Thats how you respond to someone's rant on a Forum! Understanding my point AND THEN helping me out with a pro-tip to continue checking the site (even tho I would've done that anyway Smiley Happy) with a "prime" example (pun intended)

A textbook example on how to respond to someone, unlike the other helpful suggestion i got early, "We all knew it would go live May 2"

Thanks@bjmaxvin67 ! I appreciated your tone and help! Kudos to you!

Not sure if this was a dig at me considering you thanked me in the other post, but my comment was literally the best advice I can give re: steelbooks is just to watch these forums. There are a lot of people checking and posting every day -- makes it an invaluable resource for steelbook collecting in Canada.

The Captain
0 Kudos

pikachuforever wrote:

DoodlesMom wrote:

bjmaxvin67 wrote:

Hey @uly55e5,

You are not the only one with this frustration; it has happened all of more than you can imagine but pikachuforever did state it is best to watch the forum. Sometimes steelbooks that are sold out online for preorder Best buy will get more shipments; perfect example for this that The Transformers steelbook that was out of stock online is now available if you are interested.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/Search/SearchResults.aspx?query=transformers%20steelbook

But my only suggestion is to continuely watch the forum for updates 2-3 times a day to see if Logan is put back up.

Some of us have to work for a living...

not feasible to watch your forum or website 2-3 times a day...

how about making more copies available initially?

...or release them in batches, half today, half tomorrow?

seems like when i skip a day of 'continuely watching', because I actually have a life, I miss all the steelbooks I'm looking for...

:-S

I feel like all of us work for a living. How else can we afford some of these steelbooks at $36.99 price points?! So saying "you have a life" is kind of arrogant and frankly offensive. I have a life, but I also have caught on that if I really want something -- I need to make sure I find a way to get it.

That said, we have yet to figure out what the allocation of product is. Some have stayed up on the site for much longer than others, so there does not seem to be any sort of pattern. Some steelbooks even show up for small windows closer to release date, which @BBYTerence has been very good about notifying us of in advance on these forums. If you are on the forum now, there are ways to subscribe to certain threads so you can see the new posts. The "Upcoming Steelbooks Discussion Thread" seems to be one of the main hubs for steelbook news and links to live pre-orders. If it's really that inconvenient to check a website once or twice in a day for something you really want, then subscribe and link that email account to your phone. Lots of ways to make it happen so you don't end up disappointed.

I'm guessing you missed the sarcasm face ":-S" at the end of the post.  wasn't meant to be offensive, just real.  if we're here checking two to three times a day, then we are not doing something we should be.   i'm glad you have time to be here all the time.  this forum is helpful, but i still miss items i'm looking for because people start new threads all the time - if it was just one thread on steelbooks, it would be far easier to track.  there's a famous quote about life happening when you're busy doing something else ...

Legendary Epic Genius

DoodlesMom wrote:

I'm guessing you missed the sarcasm face ":-S" at the end of the post.  wasn't meant to be offensive, just real.  if we're here checking two to three times a day, then we are not doing something we should be.   i'm glad you have time to be here all the time.  this forum is helpful, but i still miss items i'm looking for because people start new threads all the time - if it was just one thread on steelbooks, it would be far easier to track.  there's a famous quote about life happening when you're busy doing something else ...

I won't get into semantics -- but if you really believe what you wrote there, then you wouldn't be disappointed you missed out on the pre-order because all these people who "are not doing something we should be" actually were able to pre-order it. 

Point stands -- subscribe to this thread --> http://plug-in.bestbuy.ca/t5/Movies-TV-Shows/Upcoming-SteelBooks-Discussion-Thread/td-p/161109/page/.... You shouldn't miss out on any steelbooks because even with seperate individual threads, the links to live pre-order links get posted there as soon as they show up on the site, and there is an active discussion about any possible future steelbooks as well.

Community Manager
0 Kudos

Unfortunately there will NOT be anymore copies of the Logan steelbook available for ONLINE pre-order, but more will be made available online either on or after the release date. This product will be available in stores as well. Quantities are limited and will vary by store.

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

Plug-in | Join the conversation

Epic Genius

Oh... from next week flyer... another price drop Smiley Happy

1.jpg

The Oracle

Good job @Drum18 but your slacking on the red arrows 😃
Epic Genius

No worries @Leprekon, now I got you covered

large.jpg

Smiley LOL Smiley LOL Smiley LOL Smiley LOL

The Oracle

Now I see the price @Drum18. Good eye!
Epic Genius

Got charged today.  At THE RIGHT 29.99$ PRICE!!!!

And got my shipping notice too!

Good Job BBY Canada! Smiley Very Happy

The Captain
0 Kudos

Looks like I got charged the regular price