Legendary Epic Genius

Mondo SteelBook Sale

IMG_20170731_130738.jpg

Went to my BB at lunch today and they have a number of Mondo SteelBooks on sale for $4.97 each.

I picked up two TERMINATOR 2s, FIRST BLOOD, and TOTAL RECALL.

Not sure if others are discounted, but this is what I saw in my store.  I already have TOTAL RECALL, but for $4.97, I just decided to skip the Timmys and get a SteelBook instead. Smiley Happy

The Captain
0 Kudos

Re: Mondo SteelBook Sale

I was in today to pick up Planet Earth 2 4K and they had a copy of Total Recall but it was damaged

Epic Genius
0 Kudos

@SonicBoom

The sale price is online as well.

Only titles left are First Blood, Boyhood and Terminator 2 (the red cover) which is better than the green cover.

Although the website still shows the regular plastic blu-ray case with the wrong art.

One final push to rid Canada of the Mondo X line.

Epic Genius
0 Kudos

blazintrini wrote:

I was in today to pick up Planet Earth 2 4K and they had a copy of Total Recall but it was damaged

@blazintrini

The reason there is still stock in stores of any steelbooks is usually because they are all damaged in one way or another.

Loose discs, scratches, dents and so on.

Highlighted
Legendary Epic Genius

casey1985 wrote:

blazintrini wrote:

@blazintrini

The reason there is still stock in stores of any steelbooks is usually because they are all damaged in one way or another.

Loose discs, scratches, dents and so on.

Well yes and no.

There were still 10 copies of TOTAL RECALL at my store today when I went at noon.

One of them had a loose piece of plastic in it which you could hear if you shook it.  The others had various degrees of scratched cellophane wrapping, but they were not deep scratches that would show up on the PET slip beneath.

Also, keep in mind that all of the Mondos had a protective PET slip to protect the SteelBook underneath.  I guess you could consider it damaged if you plan to keep the SteelBook wrapped and on a shelf for display.  If you were going to open it they all looked fine beyond the cellophane wrap.

The Captain
0 Kudos

Which location would love to find Total Recall 

Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

I was at the Ottawa Merivale store.

The Captain
0 Kudos

A bit too far for me..haha