Legendary Luminary
0 Kudos

Power rangers blu ray/4K and steelbook

[ Edited ]

Our neighbors to the south have the power rangers blu ray and 4K copies up for pre order curious if we will have the same? Also has a June release can't wait to add this to my collection.

The Oracle

[ Edited ]
Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

JoshuaB955 wrote:

Our neighbors to the south have the power rangers blu ray and 4K copies up for pre order curious if we will have the same? Also has a June release can't wait to add this to my collection.

Logan's pre-order did not show up until last week, and its being released on May 23!

So we may have to wait a bit.

Legendary Luminary

[ Edited ]

After some more digging I was able to do a pre order in store for the 4K copy

The Oracle
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Is this movie worth buying as I never watched the tv series and is this movie all about Krispy Kreme? Is this like a action version of Harold & Kumar Go To White Castle?

Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

Re: Power rangers blu ray/4K and steelbook

[ Edited ]

@Leprekon -- It's a tonal mash-up of dark and goofy that I didn't like all that much, but I know others who did. A crucial plot point hinges on the involvement of Krispy Kreme, and the film does not shy away from advertising it every chance it gets (and not in a humourous way like Harold & Kumar -- it makes that look honest!). If you weren't a fan of the original show, it may be a tough sell.

Luminary
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Leprekon wrote:

Is this movie worth buying as I never watched the tv series and is this movie all about Krispy Kreme? Is this like a action version of Harold & Kumar Go To White Castle?

Hey @Leprekon no this is not like a action version of Harold & Kumar Go To White Castle but this reboot seemingly sponsored by Krispy Kreme Smiley Very Happy. There is Krispy Kreme chain, whose fictional store in the “Power Rangers'” made-up hometown of Angel Grove, California, is integral to the film’s plot ( a Zeo Crystal was hidden underneath a Krispy Kreme store in that fictional town). And as I stated before Krispy Kreme was also a significant part of the “Power Rangers” movie’s marketing efforts.

I am buying because I grew up watching the series; but it really was not that great or worth owning if you have not seen the series. 

Community Manager

[ Edited ]

Power Rangers (SteelBook) (Blu-ray)

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

Plug-in | Join the conversation

Luminary
0 Kudos

I am not sure if anybody is interested but there seem to be more Power Ranger Steelbooks for preorder

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/saban-s-power-rangers-steelbook-only-at-best-buy-blu-ray-2017/m2...?