Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

Re: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story steelbook

Thanks for the heads-up.  I had my price adjusted and got my Funko pops for my movie order.

I don't even collect these things, but they're a nice-to-have.

I ordered pilot Luke, Regina and Elsa.

Thanks Best Buy Canada!

Pioneer
0 Kudos

I preordered when it was first available online, no fun pop for me, as always early adopters lose. Smiley Sad
Pioneer
0 Kudos

Btw my steelbook came today in the mail. Unfortunately it has a few dents in the front of the case 😡 The shipping box perfectly fine. How the heck does this even happen? Who's the careless shipper working at the Bedtbuy warehouse? Since I can't exchange as the product is sold out, I lose again, time after time always and only with Bestbuy...
Community Manager
0 Kudos

Hey @ChoobieCheeks.

I personally understand that damage due to shipping is frustrating. Sorry to hear about the dents in the case. I suggest you still give customer service a call to bring this to their attention. The forum isn't monitored by customer service, so they don't participate on here. You should definitely still give them a call to to express your concerns though. 1-866-237-8289.

https://www-ssl.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/secure/contact-us.aspx?NVID=footer;order%20support;contact%20us;en

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

Plug-in | Join the conversation

Luminary
0 Kudos

If you have the time/energy, you can go in store and get it, did that this afternoon Smiley Happy
Epic Genius
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Not in my part of Canada.

All 3 stores in my area were out of stock before the doors even opened.

All copies had already been placed on reserve and pick up in store.

People are getting smart.  As usual though there were some unsatisfied customers...the ones who were entering the store at 10:00 a.m. and seeing the empty spots that would have contained steelbooks.

For those who don't know, usually you can place a reserve online starting around 2:30 a.m. to 3:00 a.m. eastern time on release day for in store pick-up anytime that day.

And yes, like it or not, that means that if there are 40 or 50 copies per store, the store will take reservations for every single copy even if that means there are none left for walk-in customers when the store opens.

So when you see a flyer released on a Friday saying "Minimum 15 per store" that doesn't mean that you will get a copy even if you are first in line at the door when the store opens.  Always best to pre-order a month in advance or place a reserve and pick up in the wee hours of the morning.

That is of course when it comes to Star Wars.  So remember that for this time next year when Star Wars VIII becomes available on steelbook.

What a difference a year makes.  Last year when doors opened there was the robot display fully stocked with The Force Awakens steelbooks.  They still sold out the first day of course.

Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

ChoobieCheeks wrote:
I preordered when it was first available online, no fun pop for me, as always early adopters lose. Smiley Sad

Not true.  I was an early adopter too.

Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

For me it's deja vu.

I was in my store at noon for TFA and it was sold out.

Today I went in at about 11 AM, and it was sold out.  Nearby stores had stock, but I didn't want to drive further.

It's probably a combination of:

(1) Reserve-for-in-store pickups

(2) Only version of 3D available in Canada

(3) Hoarding for collectors/resellers

(4) Best Buy Canada under-ordered

I would like to see BB implement a limit to the number of copies which can be reserve-for-in-store pickup.  

That way, at least there will be some inventory left for those who go to the physical store.

The Captain
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Is there going to be more stock?

If I do not get a 3d copy I will not be buying.

It went out of stock as I was checking out.

Legendary Luminary
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Anyone else having trouble closing the case? My top latch doesn't seem to click shut properly like other steels (and it doesn't appear to be broken). Little irritating, but not something I'll need to return it for.