Luminary

Re: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story steelbook

SonicBoom wrote:

Well, you don't have the satisfying CLICK that SteelBook aficianados like, but other than that, it is about the same.

I would rather have embossing on the front and no CLICK, than a CLICK and no embossing.

I am revealing the inner SteelBook geek in me now.

Truthfully @SonicBoom there is nothing wrong with revealing the inner SteelBook geek. Smiley Wink Because I think it is fair to say I am very OCD with my SteelBooks some people are not as picky (for lack of a better word) about their SteelBooks. When I used to go to Future Shop I would spend almost 10-15 mins picking up different steelbooks of the same title just to make sure there were no dents, scratches and then shake the steelbooks to make sure no discs sounded like they were loose. Lets be honest we are buying something we like and want it to be in good condition; if that is considered SteelBook geek or OCD with our SteelBooks I am not going to complain. Smiley LOL  And in the immortal words of James Brown " say loud I am a Geek and proud". Smiley LOL 

Luminary

Jacques1400 wrote:

@bjmaxvin67

Like SonicBoom explained, as long as the latches are intact, nothing to worry about.

Embossing, size (Jumbo's) and amount of discs included all play a part.

The plastic case itself is a pretty standard fare in various configurations, the "snap" comes from the tightness of the metal latching on the 3 sides (nothing on the spine side).

Flat metal designs appear stronger since they are rigid and flat, as opposed to embossed which does not sit flat on the case throughout. That's why they appear to be flimsier, but better looking in my opinion.

Hey @Jacques1400 thank you and @SonicBoom for explaing this to me.  Smiley Happy You and @SonicBoom are right and I had thought about the fact that this steelbook had 4 discs may be one contributing factors. But the locking thing I always considered one of my personal OCD steelbook hang-ups  and as stated before it doesn't appear to be broken but that lack of the sound latch just makes it ( seem to me) that it is not clicked shut properly like other steelbooks. Smiley LOL For my part I guess I just am more secure that the steelbook is closed when I hear that sound of the steelbook snapping shut. Smiley Happy

Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

Happy to see I wasn't the only one noticing the issue with the lock at the top. I'm glad I just let it go and didn't try to get my hands on a different copy only to find the same issue happening again...

Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

It would probably CLICK fine if you removed the outer plate of the ROGUE ONE SteelBook and replaced it with another plate that does not have embossing.  Smiley Wink

The Captain
0 Kudos

I got my copy in store in Hamilton and half of the copys were damaged i spent 10 minutes checking them out and found the best 2 i could find but still had a small scratch on the back under the j card .The funny thing is that the last star wars steelbook i had the same problem over have on the floor were damaged. Seems like someone in packaging does not like star wars lol
Legendary Epic Genius

[ Edited ]

It wasn't on this forum, but someone reposted a posting from another forum where a customer said that he could not find his digital code with his copy of the ROGUE ONE 3D SteelBook.

I found mine over the weekend, but it would be good to note that it is located outside of the SteelBook between the SteelBook and the J-card.  I thought this was unusual, but didn't think much of it because I always remove the J-cards when I open my SteelBooks.

Still, if you're one that doesn't remove J-cards, you may never find your digital code!

Thanks BB for coming through with my POPs today.

IMG_20170411_154314.jpg

The Oracle
0 Kudos

Lol I thought it was weird it was behind the card but when there's 4 disc and no spot to put the paper where else would they put it.
Truth Seeker
0 Kudos

Perhaps a silly question, but with this being the only 3D version of this movie available in Canada, is there an expectation that more copies will continue to be made and sent to stores? I personally don't care if it comes in Steelbook, but I do want a 3D version of the movie, and it would be helpful to know whether I'm now out of luck or whether Best Buy will still be receiving stock from vendors.

Community Manager

Hey @smckenzie96.

I pretty sure Best Buy Canada will not be receiving any more stock of this steelbook. If I'm told of any changes, I'll post that here.

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

Plug-in | Join the conversation

Epic Genius
0 Kudos

3D Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

[ Edited ]

@smckenzie96

Hello There!

In Canada, the Rogue One A Star Wars Story Steelbook with 3D was an exclusive for Best Buy only.

No other retailer in Canada has received any kind of 3D release at this point.

I promise you at some point there will be a 3D release for this title without a steelbook.

Disney or any other film studio would never release a theatrical 3D movie on Blu-ray exclusively to 1 retailer in a country.

Just like they later released a 3D version of The Force Awakens to ALL retailers, they will eventually release a 3D version of Rogue One to ALL retailers as well.