Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

Re: 3D Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

I agree.

I think it just so happened that no other retailer except Best Buy decided to stock the 3D version in Canada.

There were only two 3D versions of ROGUE ONE available in North America.  The second one was carried by a major chain the US, but no one in Canada decided to stock that exclusive here.

I am certain that at some point Disney will release a catalog version of ROGUE ONE 3D to all retailers.  It won't be an exclusive, but will be an Amaray plastic case containing the 3D disc.

Both are still available for orders online from other countries -- the 3D SteelBook, and the 3D non-SteelBook -- but none are available from retailers in North America anymore.

Pioneer
0 Kudos

Re: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story steelbook

The distribution system and consumerism in Canada is such a fail. Minimal variety, high prices, unavailability; Canadian government is at fault and so corrupt with their greedy hands and wasteful tax dollar spending.

I always check for opportunity to buy international before committing to a purchase in Canada. So sad!
Luminary

@ChoobieCheeks

Even though I agree with you overall, I'm not sure they apply to this thread.

Politics, taxes, etc... affect everyone who lives, works and does business in Canada, so i'm not sure how this translates to Rogue One Steelbooks, or BB in Canada.

Purchasing internationally is always an option, but it doesn't resolve the tax, shipping and exchange rate for the Canadian Pesos at 30% against the USD.

In respect to Rogue One Steelbooks, both sides of the border were sold out within a few days of the release date, simply translated, the demand far exceeded the product availability. No politics here.

Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

ROGUE ONE was a popular title for many reasons as listed above.  It sold out which was no surprise.  It happens.