Pioneer
0 Kudos

Re: Teen Titans: Judas Contract Steelbook

How is it possible that preorder is already sold out???? Are people hoarding???? What a joke. Get your act together BB.
Luminary

[ Edited ]

Hey @ChoobieCheeks,

On another thread http://plug-in.bestbuy.ca/t5/Movies-TV-Shows/Upcoming-SteelBooks-Discussion-Thread/td-p/161109/page/... @Jacques1400 suggested that possibility of BB scheduling a go live date and time for exclusives and limiting quantities.

Since hoarders and group buys deplete stock because they order in large quantities, limiting purchases to 3 or 5 per household does not work, they simply place 3 separate orders of qty 5 and nobody knows any better. His reasoning was by  Combining a “Go Live” date/time with a copy limit of qty 1 per order would certainly open up more opportunities for loyal BB customers to obtain a copy; I believe @Jacques1400 has a great idea there and Best Buy Canada considers it.

Luminary

@ChoobieCheeks these DC Steels always have low print runs 

Luminary
0 Kudos

@TomBergeron

Agreed, the US retailer which carries these DCU Steelbook titles lists them very late for pre-order, and they normally disappear within a week or so. Of course there are some limited copies available in-store upon release, which I'm pretty sure will be the case with this one as from BB as well.

On the same line, there's also a Wonder Woman Commemorative Edition being released mid May in Canada, but i'm not sure if it's an exclusive to another retailer or not.

Epic Genius

[ Edited ]

@mysteron_x @ChoobieCheeks

Now available to reserve in store for pick-up today. Your reserve will be held for 24 hours.

Get your reserve in now before the stores open or you will miss out.  

Your stores probably have 5 copies or less of this title available.

Same goes for all future steelbook releases.  

Reserve in store usually begins around 3 a.m. Eastern time on the day of release.  Sometimes earlier.

Good luck.  I hope you are successful.

Legendary Epic Genius

[ Edited ]

Mine just arrived on release day.  Thanks BBC!

IMG_20170418_143535.jpg

Highlighted
Luminary

[ Edited ]

@ChoobieCheeks and anybody else that missed out there is limited quantity of the Teen Titan Judas Contract Steelbook online Smiley Very Happyhttp://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/teen-titans-judas-contract-steelbook-blu-ray-combo/m2223753.aspx?