Highlighted
Luminary
Accepted Solution

Upcoming SteelBooks Discussion Thread

[ Edited ]

@BBYBilly, instead of people like myself asking everytime we see a movie we like if there is going to be a steelbook for it or not, how about creating a sticky thread here that can be updated as you get confirmation along with the cover art and a purchase link when they become available online?

It would also be a great way to showcase all the steelbooks Best Buy has had over time.

Cheers!

Community Manager

Re: Upcoming SteelBook Discussion Thread

[ Edited ]

Hi @ShadowOfLight,

Great idea to keep it all in one place Smiley Happy This thread will serve as the official discussion thread, while I'll keep an ongoing list of newly announced and upcoming releases HERE.

Let me get it started with the most recent SteelBook announcement we have in another thread:

We will have a limited edition SteelBook release for both Now You See Me movies!

These are expected to be an online only exclusive and a very limited run of each.

NYSM.jpg

NYSM2.jpg

We're expecting these to be available online for pre-order within the next week.

BBYBilly
Community Coordinator
Plug-in | Join the conversation

Luminary

[ Edited ]

@BBYBilly Great!

Suggestion ... rather than just adding as a reply when a new steelbook is announce, a list in the opening post should be easily accessible otherwise trying to find a release within this thread would become impossible. For example:

LINK                 REL DATE        PRICE    TITLE

BUY HERE     20XX-XX-XX     $TBA      Now You See Me (ONLINE ONLY)

BUY HERE     20XX-XX-XX     $TBA      Now You see Me 2 (ONLINE ONLY)

BUY HERE     20XX-XX-XX     $TBA      Ghostbusters (ONLINE ONLY)

BUY HERE     2016-07-19     $32.99   Batman v Superman: Dawn Of Justice (Bilingual) (Ultimate Edition SteelBook)

The pictures can most certainly be elsewhere in the thread of course. I'm sure there is a better way to do the listing, but I think you get the idea. Smiley Happy

Luminary

[ Edited ]
Luminary
0 Kudos

Will Best Buy Canada be selling Transformers The Animated Movie's 30th Anniversary Steelbook?

Community Manager
0 Kudos

Hey @bjmaxvin67,

Thank you for asking about the Transformers The Animated Movie's 30th Anniversary Steelbook, we don't expect to carry this in stock sadly. Smiley Sad I haven't watched this movie in years, I'd love to back and watch it again.

BBYBilly
Community Coordinator

Luminary
0 Kudos

Movie of the week: Jason Bourne

2 steelbooks are already announced from the Best Buy USA cousin in both standard Blu-ray release AND a UHD (4k) release.  Any chance for us here?

Community Manager

Hey @ShadowOfLight,

I know we were talking about the Ghostbusters 2016 PopArt 4K SteelBook this week, I just got the artwork confirmation and it is what you shared in the other thread... 

Ghostbusters2016_PopArt.jpg

What are your thoughts? 

BBYBilly
Community Coordinator

Luminary

Hi @BBYBilly,

Perfect! It will match the other two pop art releases for the original movies Smiley Very Happy

Cheers!

Community Manager

Hi @Drum18,

I love the Bourne Series (didn't see the last one w/o Matt Damon), I guess I should say, I loved the first 3... how is the new one? 

We are expecting to have a SteelBook for this, we haven't had any confirmation though. I'll let you know as soon as I hear anything. Smiley Happy

BBYBilly
Community Coordinator