Fingers crossed things move quickly! Smiley Happy

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

Plug-in | Join the conversation

The Captain
0 Kudos

Re: Upcoming SteelBooks Discussion Thread

@BBYTerence

This is an inquiry about the La La Land Steelbook.

I know there's stuff like conversion rates, importing etc that all factor in on cost but $36.99 is kind of steep for a blu-ray steelbook. Considering Best Buy USA is currently charging $19.99 for the same thing, is there something else in the packaging like a 4K UHD disc? 

I'm probably going to pick it up regardless but I just wanted to know about it.

Thanks in advance.

Luminary
0 Kudos

RBlazeLM wrote:

@BBYTerence

I know there's stuff like conversion rates, importing etc that all factor in on cost but $36.99 is kind of steep for a blu-ray steelbook. Considering Best Buy USA is currently charging $19.99 for the same thing, is there something else in the packaging like a 4K UHD disc?

Not that I disagree with you, but there have been times that the price drops on release day, so if you ordered online, you can request a price adjustment from Customer Service at that time.

Comparing the U.S. prices to ours is not really fair, different market altogether, and at $19.99 that's on sale from $22.99 but Sold Out for quite a while now. No 4K per the U.S. store.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/la-la-land-steelbook-includes-digital-copy-blu-ray-dvd-only--best-buy-20...

I purchase large quantities of movies from the U.S. per month (60 to 100), At a 30% exchange rate & the outrageous USPS international shipping costs, $37.00 CDN is not a bargain, but still cheaper than importing one at $19.99 USD. Smiley Wink

Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

Yes, I thought about importing from the US, but with exchange + shipping, it's not really worth it.

Hopefully we'll see a price drop on release day, but that will depend on the competition.

And since we're in Canada and only have a select few competitors left, the Loyal Opposition's price is $24.96.

Legendary Luminary

SonicBoom wrote:

Yes, I thought about importing from the US, but with exchange + shipping, it's not really worth it.

Hopefully we'll see a price drop on release day, but that will depend on the competition.

And since we're in Canada and only have a select few competitors left, the Loyal Opposition's price is $24.96.

It's listed as $36.99 in this week's catalogue. So I sincerely doubt there's a price drop between now and release day, unless there's a typo. They know we will pay stupid prices, even without all the content. :'(

Community Manager
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

RBlazeLM wrote:

@BBYTerence

I'm probably going to pick it up regardless but I just wanted to know about it.

Thanks in advance.

Hello @RBlazeLM.

With regard to the La La Land steelbook, I don't know if there's anything additional in it (such as a 4K UHD disc). This release wasn't on my list of new releases that I received, so when it was released, I did not have any visibility of any info about this. I have not received any additional info about this steelbook yet.

I was just on the website, and I would say whatever is listed on the product page is the accurate info as provided by the vendor.

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

Epic Genius
0 Kudos

And don't forget... $36.99 is the SALE PRICE! until April 27th.

And the 4K version (which isn't a steelbook) is only $32.99...regular price.

I shouldn't really be commenting since I have no interest in this steelbook.  It has a nice classic look to it but I still don't care for it.

As usual I think the regular cover looks better.

Luminary
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

casey1985 wrote:

I shouldn't really be commenting since I have no interest in this steelbook.  It has a nice classic look to it but I still don't care for it.

As usual I think the regular cover looks better.

Hey @casey1985,

Everyone is entitled there opinion and I have to agree with yours. It did have a nice classic look (old Hollywood pastel colors) and seeing it in stores I was glad it was not as yellow as the mockup suggested. It was an excellent movie but could not bare hearing the song "City of Stars" again. Smiley LOL 

I think I would prefered to a regular cover look or something similar to a La La Land - Limited Edition Steelbook Blu-ray I found from a entertainment retail chain in the United Kingdom. http://www.hidefninja.com/community/attachments/84-la-la-land-sc-png.287007/

Luminary
0 Kudos

@BBYTerence when can we expect to have details on the Logan Steelbook? We are about a month away from release, and I don't even see pre-orders for the dvd or non-Steelbook blu Rays yet.

Really want to see what art the Steelbook will be
Community Manager
0 Kudos

http://plug-in.bestbuy.ca/t5/Movies-TV-Shows/Upcoming-SteelBooks-Discussion-Thread/td-p/161109/page/...

Hey @Danno82.

I don't know when I will have news regarding the Logan steelbook. No information has been offered to me and I have yet to receive answers to my inquiries. Since I have not been given any answers, and it is not standard practice for the merchandise managers to communicate their plans to me prior to a product going live on the website, I don't foresee them giving me any info before the product goes live. I do check the site periodically though, hoping to catch it once it's live. 

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator