Luminary
0 Kudos

Re: Upcoming SteelBooks Discussion Thread

[ Edited ]

Well, I went to the Best Buy Canada store in my area around 3:45pm Eastern Time (went shopping at **competitor** and decided to have a look see. Like many  I was not expecting to find a copy of the La La Land Steelbook, but to my surprise  they had 2 copies in stock now they have one because I purchased a copy. The only thing I can say is physically go to the Best Buy store in your area there my be copies in the store; I do not know who is in charge of posting update concerning availability of stock in stores but they are doing a pitiful job (but this is just my opinion).

Second point I would like to make is while I was at BB I decided to look around the bluray and dvd section of the store and like Old Mother Hubbard's cupboards the shelves were almost bare and those that were not bare staff were taking them down (which I found odd). When I went to the cashier to pay for the steelbook I commented on the fact that I did not think they were going to have La La Land Steelbooks available. She smiled and said yes you are fortunate because to find that movie because Best Buy Canada is cutting back on in store Bluray and DVD supplies of movies to one shelf. After, she explained they will be sold online and the stores is being renovated focusing on furniture and appliance sales (REALLY!?!). I am gathering she did not have all the details but I am gather that @BBYTerence does have the availability to find out and could shed some light on this and tell me and other if this is correct. Because tommorrow I have business in the USA and will stop off to what steelbooks Canada does not have and see if BB USA  is doing the same thing in there stores. Trust me when they find out you are from Canada shopping at a Best Buy in the US they love to talk.

The Captain

Transformer steels back up for preorder
Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

bjmaxvin67 wrote:

Second point I would like to make is while I was at BB I decided to look around the bluray and dvd section of the store and like Old Mother Hubbard's cupboards the shelves were almost bare and those that were not bare staff were taking them down (which I found odd). When I went to the cashier to pay for the steelbook I commented on the fact that I did not think they were going to have La La Land Steelbooks available. She smiled and said yes you are fortunate because to find that movie because Best Buy Canada is cutting back on in store Bluray and DVD supplies of movies to one shelf. After, she explained they will be sold online and the stores is being renovated focusing on furniture and appliance sales (REALLY!?!). I am gathering she did not have all the details but I am gather that @BBYTerence does have the availability to find out and could shed some light on this and tell me and other if this is correct. Because tommorrow I have business in the USA and will stop off to what steelbooks Canada does not have and see if BB USA  is doing the same thing in there stores. Trust me when they find out you are from Canada shopping at a Best Buy in the US they love to talk.

None of that surprises me at all. We've been talking about the bare shelves for months on here and the low, low inventory. Just glad we finally have some actual tangible information. I imagine it's going to be more and more online orders from here on out.

Highlighted
Epic Genius

Community Manager

Great timing @Drum18. I was just doing my afternoon sweep of the website, and in came your notification! Good catch.

Thanks!

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

Plug-in | Join the conversation

The Oracle
0 Kudos

When will this go live @BBYTerence?
The Oracle
0 Kudos

Nvm same error not available to preorder @BBYTerence
Community Manager

I see the error as well. I have made the relevant people aware. 

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

Plug-in | Join the conversation

Luminary

More Stock on the Transformers for anyone who missed out!!!!!

Luminary

Drum18 wrote:

Fate of the Furious coming soon:

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/fate-of-the-furious-steelbook-only-at-best-buy-blu-ray-combo-201...

@BBYTerence

Thank You @Drum18!!!,Smiley Very Happy

I do not know how you do it but you have a wonderful knack of catching these notification before anybody else. Smiley Happy