Luminary

Re: Upcoming SteelBooks Discussion Thread

pikachuforever wrote:

kaw wrote:

Life and Power Rangers Steelbooks are both now live:

LIFE:

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/life-steelbook-only-at-best-buy-4k-ultra-hd-blu-ray-combo-2017/m...?

POWER RANGERS:

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/power-rangers-steelbook-only-at-best-buy-blu-ray-2017/m2224273.a...?

That Power Rangers cover is awesome. Wish I liked the movie more so I could justify buying it!

Hey @pikachuforever,

I know the Power Rangers steelbook may not be what you want; but after reading @casey1985 number one rule of steelbook aquisition when you have the chance, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS Pre-Order. You can always return it later. Smiley LOL There have been many times where there were steelbooks I did not want and now I wish I had them.

But a good move would be to pre-order it; when you receive it, and if you still do not want in it, you can always return and get a refund, just don't open it (but that goes without saying).Smiley LOL

Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

bjmaxvin67 wrote:

Hey @pikachuforever,

I know the Power Rangers steelbook may not be what you want; but after reading @casey1985 number one rule of steelbook aquisition when you have the chance, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS Pre-Order. You can always return it later. Smiley LOL There have been many times where there were steelbooks I did not want and now I wish I had them.

But a good move would be to pre-order it; when you receive it, and if you still do not want in it, you can always return and get a refund, just don't open it (but that goes without saying).Smiley LOL

I can't justify buying a movie I didn't like, just because of the great cover. I'm a big advocate for always pre-ordering -- and have actively told other people on here to do the exact same thing. But when it comes to movies I don't like or covers I don't like, pre-ordering isn't going to change my opinion. Smiley Tongue

That and there's no offers for Krispy Kreme or any mention of the franchise on the steelbook. What good is that?

Luminary
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

pikachuforever wrote:

bjmaxvin67 wrote:

Hey @pikachuforever,

I can't justify buying a movie I didn't like, just because of the great cover. I'm a big advocate for always pre-ordering -- and have actively told other people on here to do the exact same thing. But when it comes to movies I don't like or covers I don't like, pre-ordering isn't going to change my opinion. Smiley Tongue

That and there's no offers for Krispy Kreme or any mention of the franchise on the steelbook. What good is that?

Yes @pikachuforever that is outragious there are no offers for Krispy Kreme and /or mention of the franchise on the steelbook. Smiley WinkI can understand your reason; It does make you wonder how they decide the cover art for a steelbook; have you noticed when Marvel/Disney decide on artwork for a steelbook it always has something to do with the movie like Guardians of the Galaxy and Dr. Strange (that being said sometimes I prefer the theatrical artwork).

That being said I preordered both Life and Power Rangers; while I have seen Power Rangers and mainly buying it because of nostalgia of the original series. I have not seen Life and wondering is the movie any good and should I keep it when I get it.

Luminary

pikachuforever wrote:

kaw wrote:

LIFE:

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/life-steelbook-only-at-best-buy-4k-ultra-hd-blu-ray-combo-2017/m...?

POWER RANGERS:

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/power-rangers-steelbook-only-at-best-buy-blu-ray-2017/m2224273.a...?

That Power Rangers cover is awesome. Wish I liked the movie more so I could justify buying it!

Wish it came with 4K so I could justify buying it. Smiley Tongue

Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

goofysuperman wrote:

pikachuforever wrote:

kaw wrote:

LIFE:

POWER RANGERS:

Wish it came with 4K so I could justify buying it. Smiley Tongue

Fair.

Legendary Epic Genius

bjmaxvin67 wrote:
That being said I preordered both Life and Power Rangers; while I have seen Power Rangers and mainly buying it because of nostalgia of the original series. I have not seen Life and wondering is the movie any good and should I keep it when I get it.

Do you like the sounds of a mash-up of Alien, Aliens, Predator, Gravity and The Thing, and prefer your scientist characters to be as idiotic as the camp counselors from Friday the 13th? If you say yes to any of these things, then you'll like Life. If you prefer your characters a bit smarter, your talent unwasted and your special effects more polished, then maybe not. It's a really mixed bag -- but might actually be more entertaining than this week's Alien: Covenant...

Luminary
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I guess this will be the cover art for Ghost in the Shell for Best Buy Canada. Smiley Very Happy

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/ghost-in-the-shell-steelbook-only-at-best-buy-4k-ultra-hd-blu-ra...?

Community Manager
0 Kudos

Hey!

The Kong: Skull Island steelbook should go live on bestbuy.ca some time within the next few days.

View the Kong: Skull Island steelbook thread >

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

Plug-in | Join the conversation

Highlighted
The Captain
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

That looks awesome

The Captain

Saw Alien: Covenant steelbook, any chance Canada getting one too?