Epic Genius
0 Kudos

Re: Upcoming SteelBooks Discussion Thread

[ Edited ]

This is a Disney Steelbook.  This is the Lion King.  This is a reseller's DREAM!!!!!!!

Disney could release a Lion King steelbook with a different cover every week for life and it would sell out!

(except for those European Lenticular Magnet editions - you guys know the copies)

People are already planning to put their kids through college with these!

The same people who still have the Disney VHS copies sealed who paid hundreds of dollars for those which are now worthless!

Look for the listings on those reseller sites that show 5 available, 78 copies sold!!!

They'll be live on there by July 29th.

Community Manager

[ Edited ]

There are more available on bestbuy.ca right now.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/the-lion-king-signature-collection-steelbook-only-at-best-buy-en...

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

Plug-in | Join the conversation

Epic Genius

[ Edited ]

Drum18 wrote:

And back in stock for pre-orders!

There you go folks!

If you're not monitoring the steelbook thread 24/7 then I guess you're used to being disappointed by now.

Luminary
0 Kudos

Jacques1400 wrote:

@pikachuforever

This is the Steelbook for Lion King:

5948589_sa.jpg;maxHeight=500;maxWidth=500.jpg

That looks awesome, I hope since Disney seems to be getting into 4K now that they also rerelease more of steelbooks of Walt Disney Pictures like the Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios and Walt Disney Studios live-action feature films. Seeing how well this is selling maybe Best Buy Canada will finally get the message of selling more Disney steelbooks. Smiley Happy

The Captain
0 Kudos

The Futureshop version of Lion King was the Metal Pack of the Diamond Collection
Luminary
0 Kudos

RonaldKhan wrote:
The Futureshop version of Lion King was the Metal Pack of the Diamond Collection

@RonaldKhan

I forgot  that Futureshop version of Lion King was the Metal Pack unfortunately, Disney had to find someone else to create steelbooks after Viva had to stop producing steelbooks for them because of patent issues. After a judge ruled that Viva’s products are too close to Steelbook’s patents, and ordered them to cease production and distribution of their metal cases in the United States. Smiley Happy

At any rate I still hope since Disney is getting into 4K  they rerelease more of older movie into steelbooks of Walt Disney Pictures along with releasing new steelbooks in Canada. Smiley Happy

Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Jacques1400 wrote:

@pikachuforever

This is the Steelbook for Lion King:

5948589_sa.jpg;maxHeight=500;maxWidth=500.jpg

Not a fan of that art at all. Regret missing the metalpak all those years ago.

But glad it's back in stock for everyone interested. Couldn't get the link to open yesterday -- kept going to a 404 page.

Legendary Epic Genius

Yes, I'm not a fan of the new art either.  I already own THE LION KING several times over in SteelBook.

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hey, everyone.

A steelbook for Spider-Man: Homecoming will be available for ONLINE pre-order on bestbuy.ca at approximately 5:00 p.m. PST / 8:00 p.m. EST today. Smiley Very Happy

I have started a Spider-Man: Homecoming forum thread as well.

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

Plug-in | Join the conversation

kaw Luminary
Luminary
0 Kudos

BBYTerence wrote:

Hey, everyone.

A steelbook for Spider-Man: Homecoming will be available for ONLINE pre-order on bestbuy.ca at approximately 5:00 p.m. PST / 8:00 p.m. EST today. Smiley Very Happy

I have started a Spider-Man: Homecoming forum thread as well.

Thanks for the heads up @BBYTerence with this one. Much appreciated.