The Captain

Why are the pre order movies always delivered later than when available in store.

The used to be delivered on time (the day of release) or even a day early.  Now they are consistently a day or two later than store availability.  

we dont have the option on your site to pre order and pick up at the local store so we have to wait.

whats the point of having pre orders??  Let me guess, this is canada posts' problem...

Community Manager
0 Kudos

Re: Why are the pre order movies always delivered later than when available in store.

Hey @DoodlesMom.

Are there specific movies you are referring to?

Oftentimes, the reserve and pick up option is turned off for pre-orders, but eventually, it would be turned back on some time after the release date.

I think some people pre-order because some products might not be readily available right away after the release date.

As for Canada Post, I can't speak to their operations or the pace at which they work. 

I'm sure all the people involved with shipping orders do their best to ship everything out so that as much as possible can be delivered on the release date, but sometimes there might be delays.

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

Plug-in | Join the conversation

Epic Genius

Re: Why are the pre order movies always delivered later than when available in store.

Hey @BBYTerence, I think what @DoodlesMom is refering to is the option BBY USA that you can preorder (day/weeks) in advance and chose to pick up in store on release.  Not just the current pick up option that doesn't work with online only items like Fantastic Beast. 

Highlighted
kaw The Captain
The Captain
0 Kudos

My Pre-orders on Steelbooks used to arrive a week after the release date. It was horrible.

But my last few orders have arrived ON the day. I've been very happy.