Luminary

Re: xXx: return of the xander cage Steelbook?

@casey1985

This is not something new, Legacy FS was even worse, Pre-order pricing was normally always very high (above $25.00), then revised way lower on release date (below $25.00.)

It was actually beneficial, free shipping was $25.00, calling customer service for an adjustment would get you a credit and shipping remained free to boot.

In respect to "What happens then", if you don't keep an eye on pricing, then it's your loss and BB made a few extra bucks.

I simply make a point of comparing the release day price to my Pre-order charge. 

Vigilance is key.

Epic Genius
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

@pikachuforever @Jacques1400

Actually I won't have to call in because I'm not buying this.  But I sure hope anybody who pre-orders keeps an eye on their purchases because Best Buy doesn't go out of their way to make sure you get it at the lower price.

I just don't understand why it's up to the customer to contact Best Buy to get their money back every time.

I haven't read all of the fine print or even what the Best Buy policy is exactly but I'm sure some of you probably know what the deal is.

Does Best Buy, anywhere in writing, GUARANTEE that if you pre-order an item at one price, and that price is lowered before the item ships, that you will be charged the lower price?  I mean I know when I pre-order from the Jungle I never have this problem.

Of course one of the lies, as far as I know, is that Best Buy and the ***competitor*** (and probably others) claim that you are not charged until your item ships and therefore you are able to cancel your order up until that point.

Yeah right.  If you pull my other leg it plays Jingle Bells.

Epic Genius
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

@Jacques1400

I like your point about the free shipping.  Perhaps that's what it's all about then.

However don't you just love how they are still advertising this wonderful sale price in RED until May12th even though the price is going to drop after that?

Luminary
0 Kudos

@casey1985

The other major retailer you mention does NOT have a lowest price guarantee which BB has, and they will not even price match. YES, they will give you the lowest price automatically between the pre-order and the ship date, but that's usually peanuts since their prices are pretty well monitored. The catch? it only applies to pre-orders, any stock item you order does not decrease, even if it goes on special at a seriously discounted price. Your only option is to cancel and re-order.

Epic Genius
0 Kudos

@Jacques1400

True about them not having a price matching policy but they do have items that drop in price from Pre-order to release date.

The "Ghost in the Shell" Mondo X steelbook dropped $4.00, just as an example.

Luminary
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Let's just hope we don't get the "item is not in stock so we cannot adjust the price" excuse again. I've had that before and had to fight them on it. Always giving a more difficult time than it needs to be. 

What happens is I preorder at a certain price, the price drops on or before release date after I've placed my order, I call in, they say "we can't adjust on pre orders" so I wait until release date, then it is already Sold Out online and they say "the item is sold out, the item has to be in-stock for us to adjust the price". 

Hopefully this time I won't get the troublesome CSRs I've had in the past...

Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

casey1985 wrote:

@Jacques1400

I like your point about the free shipping.  Perhaps that's what it's all about then.

However don't you just love how they are still advertising this wonderful sale price in RED until May12th even though the price is going to drop after that?

If you don't like the way they do business, do it elsewhere man. Put in a formal complaint -- these forums aren't monitored for that sort of thing and @BBYTerence will likely tell you to do the same thing. Will much happen? Probably not. It's just the way they do things -- because as you've pointed out, many people don't bother checking afterwards. I'm not going to have the problem of needing to adjust the pre-order price either -- because I didn't want to buy a subpar movie just because it's in a steelbook.

And believe me, the ***competitor*** you spoke of do everything in their power not to give you a better price and actually told me point blank that I had to return an item and re-buy it as opposed to adjusting a price for me. And then charged me $5 for shipping the old item back. So at least Best Buy honours price adjustments and doesn't force that kind of work around.

As for the "sale price", it's nothing new. La La Land was "on sale" at its regular $36.99 price a few weeks back, and was completely sold out.

Luminary
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

lol ^ Looks to me like he was just pointing out much needed improvements to the site. 

"Shop elsewhere" Like where do we have left? ***competitor***? Thanks.

Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

goofysuperman wrote:

lol ^ Looks to me like he was just pointing out much needed improvements to the site. 

"Shop elsewhere" Like where do we have left? ***competitor****? Thanks.

He's posted the same complaint multiple times in this thread and in others. We all understand the problem, but the forums are not read by head office or the decision makers who could change the company policy. He needs to send the complaint formally because they won't see it otherwise, and all he's doing is beating a dead horse here. I'm sure he wouldn't even be the first person to say something.

Luminary
0 Kudos

Right or wrong, I don't mind trying to help other members with answers, after all it is a public forum relevant to BB.

But on the other hand, this is getting way out of topic for this thread. Smiley Wink