Luminary
0 Kudos

Re: xXx: return of the xander cage Steelbook?

@goofysuperman

Side Note, It's not the first time 3D doesn't make it here, "Kubo and the two strings" was U.S. only.

Luminary
0 Kudos

Jacques1400 wrote:

@goofysuperman

Side Note, It's not the first time 3D doesn't make it here, "Kubo and the two strings" was U.S. only.

Yeah, I imported that one too. But far as I know, this was the first time 3D was pulled after being up for pre order. Kubo 3D was never listed as available for order in Canada. 

Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

Canada and even the US hasn't been getting a lot of 3D love.  I don't think they have even released FROZEN in 3D here yet.

I'm hoping 3D makes a comeback.  I know from talking to friends who have second hand stores, they can't keep the 3D discs in stock.

Legendary Epic Genius

SonicBoom wrote:

Canada and even the US hasn't been getting a lot of 3D love.  I don't think they have even released FROZEN in 3D here yet.

I'm hoping 3D makes a comeback.  I know from talking to friends who have second hand stores, they can't keep the 3D discs in stock.

I wouldn't hold your breath. Many of the reports coming out of this year's CES show mentioned how 3D was not being featured on new television models. It's a dying fad unfortunately.

http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/show/Ultra_HD/3D/Plasma/Samsung/Panasonic/LG/Samsung/Sony/Vizio/TC...

Epic Genius
0 Kudos

@pikachuforever

Thanks for that!  Greatest news I've read!!!!  Always hated that 3D gimmick and now that it's almost dead, my wallet feels already better!!!

If only the cinema 3D trend could die too, I would be pleased too! This doesn't bring me a single joy as it only stretch the ticket price for another 3$ every single time.

Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

Drum18 wrote:

@pikachuforever

Thanks for that!  Greatest news I've read!!!!  Always hated that 3D gimmick and now that it's almost dead, my wallet feels already better!!!

If only the cinema 3D trend could die too, I would be pleased too! This doesn't bring me a single joy as it only stretch the ticket price for another 3$ every single time.

I'm not a big fan either. I have a 3DTV, but I use the 3D portion very rarely. It's nice to get some use out of my otherwise useless 3D Blu-ray Discs though.

And I still see 3D movies in theatres when I have to (usually when they're in IMAX sadly). Otherwise I try to avoid it as well.

Luminary
0 Kudos

I try to avoid 3D at the theatre as well, but at home, on these new 4K OLED screens, with proper 1080p for both eyes, it looks stunning. It is a shame it's going away. There are a lot of new 3D converts now with these TVs out that would have never bought into it before. 

It's not like you need to buy a new TV all the time so yeah, everyone who wanted a 3D TV would most likely own one already. But keep the content coming for those of us who like watching it!

The Oracle
0 Kudos

Canada Post letter mail for this too @BBYTerence? Due to this I don't have a tracking number too. Hope it comes in a box as well as Mummy Collection with same stated packaging
Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

I love 3D and hope it keeps coming.

I think we are going through a dip right now because everyone who wants a 3D TV pretty much has one by now.

Over time, as 3D TVs fail, people will be looking for replacements, so I think as long as 3D is in theatres and pushing box office records, we will always have a niche for it.

3D is still outselling 4K.

Community Manager
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Leprekon wrote:
Canada Post letter mail for this too @BBYTerence? Due to this I don't have a tracking number too. Hope it comes in a box as well as Mummy Collection with same stated packaging

Hey, @Leprekon.

This product is supposed to ship in a box, but I now have learned that some of these might have been missed to be flagged as something that needs to be boxed up. Let me know if there are any issues.

**EDITED AND REVISED***

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

Plug-in | Join the conversation