ShawnWoo
0 Kudos

How to cancel "AGI BEST BUY MPSP 866-668-5998 ON"?

I purchased a smart cell phone on 2013 June with a AGI BEST BUY MPSP plan,I was told I can cancel AGI BEST BUY MPSP wheneven I want. Actually I currently do not need this plan at all and I want to cancel it. But I contacted Best Buy customer service online and received their reply that asked me contact/go to a local store to have the bill explained. Then I visited local store and got the answer is no way to do cancellation.   Can anyone give me a advice to cancel the AGI BEST BUY MPSP plan ASAP? Thank you very much!

ColdHeat89
0 Kudos

Re: How to cancel "AGI BEST BUY MPSP 866-668-5998 ON"?

What is a "AGI BEST BUY MPSP Plan" ?

adamh10
Emerging Member
0 Kudos

This is the monthly billed Product Exchange Plan from Best Buy Mobile, correct? As far as I understand it there is no way to cancel this plan - it is a committment that you make when you sign the agreement in the store and it is stated in the terms and conditions provided at purchase.

While I know that may not be the news you wanted to hear, I personally have this plan as well and didn't think it would be worth it however I have made three smartphone exchanges since I have had my plan - and you even have the option of exchanging it to a different device if you decide you would prefer something different (obviously your phone needs to have an eligible problem to do an exchange). It is a very flexible plan with immediate exchanges in store, provided you don't get a staff member who tried to intentionally avoid doing an exchange. While not all of my exchange experiences have been pleasant, I have definitely taken advantage of the plan by in the end being able to exchange my device on multiple occasions. A few times my battery was fried. Once it was the headphone jack malfunctioning... etc.

It's useful... think of it as home or auto insurance - you don't want to have to use it and you don't like paying for it, but in the unexpected event that you do need it.. it turns out that it was worth it all along.

All the best.

Lida
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Thanks for all the comments above. I ws surprised to see this charge myself, as I had forgotten that I did agreee to this 'insurance plan policy' for the life of my cell phone from Best Buy when I was purchasing the product.   However, I am a big believer in 'insurance plans'. So like it or not it has to stay.  Added protection is always a nice feeling.

wizard17
Plug-in Legend
0 Kudos

when you are in the 24th month of the contract you can cancel it

other then that, no way out 

bby wizkid