Truth Seeker
0 Kudos

Re: Online Orders & Shipping of Online Orders

Just a little information that might help some of you in the future.

I placed an online order very early on Saturday morning (02/20/16) and by late afternoon that VERY same day, I changed my mind and decided to cancel 1 item on the order, a sofa.  I had simply changed my mind. So I went to my account, after receiving my confirmation email, where it clearly states the following:

ORDER INFORMATION

Until your item(s) ships, you can update payment information, CANCEL, your order, and view your order information  

24/7 through ORDER STATUS.

Please note: Your order becomes a   subject to the terms of the conditions of use agreement when Best Buy Canada shipment notice email.   But my order is still in "processing" and no shipment notices sent out.

So when I attempted to do just that I was unable to because the status of my order was still "pending".  At which point I sent off an email to customer ervice@bestbuycanada.ca. I received an email the following day to inform me that, they were unable to cancel my order as it had reached a point referred to their "ifullfilment point", even though according to my account, it was still "processing?????"  I was told that I must accept the item, a sofa as it were, and then endeavour to return it myself to the nearest store or request a return label for return pick up.  Meanwhile I would have a rather large box containing a sofa in the middle of my apartment!!!  Not too mention the rather large charge on my Visa!

Even today, the 24th, my account still indicates that said order is still processing.  I placed a call to Customer Support where again I was told the same ridiculousness, but was offered the phone number to Puralator; was told that I would be required to give them Best Buy's account number; provide Puralator wth an RMA#???? and advise Puralator that it was a third party payment.  Now wouldn't one think that doing all this would be the job of Customer Support representative??

I guess that my idea of customer service/support differs GREATLY from Best Buy Canada.

Wish me luck all you online shoppers.

Community Manager
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Hi @hurtum202,

I'm very sorry to hear the trouble you've been experiencing with your order. Smiley Frustrated

I'd be pleased to escalate this situation for you and forward your concerns over to our Customer Experience team so they can assist you. Please check your private messages and shoot me a note back with your contact and order details. 

Thank you,

BBYBilly
Community Coordinator
Plug-in | Join the conversation

Truth Seeker
0 Kudos

I placed an order this past Saturday. Sunday I got an email saying my paypal account could not validate (I bought everything for my nursery over the weekend and had no issues with my PayPal account) I called customer service and was told to I needed to enter my credit card information. I did so and on Monday I got yet another email that my information could not validate. I again called customer service and was told they needed to verify my information as the amount was over 100$, I was assured everything would be fine this time. TuesdAy I get another email saying my credit card could not be validated, I called support yet again was told the same thing and guaranteed that there would be no problems this time. Got up this morning Wednesday and same email!!! I have inputted a third method of payment in hopes that it will be accepted this time and plan to call customer serice once they open although this has proved useless the past 3 times! Now I am noticing one of the accesories I have ordered for my stroller is not showing available on the website. It is still in my cart and showing as available there but the pessimist side of me can foresee that this may become an issue of and when my order finally processes if it actually does, last email threatened to cancel my order although I've been in constant contact. Oh I forgot to mention I Manage the bank that they keep saying they are having problems with my credit card and my information is all up to date  ( I have lived in same address for 10yrs) and I also used the same credit card 3 times yesterday one of them being online with no problems....geeez best buy I wonder why there is a problem here?!?!?! It would certainly be nice if your customer service department was actually helpful! 

Community Manager
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Hi @Amberh,

I'm sorry to hear you've been experiencing some trouble with your order. Smiley Frustrated Sounds like you've had a lot of back and forth and I understand your frustration. We never want our customers to feel this way and we really do value your business.  

I would be happy to help and escalate this to our Customer Experience team, they can look into this for you and get everything straightened out. Please check your message 'Inbox' up above and reply back with the info requested and I'll be happy to pass it along to our team to help.

Thank you,

BBYBilly
Community Coordinator

Scout
0 Kudos

This would be the last time I order online from bestbuy.
I have ordered a videogame on 06th of April and I was supposed to get it on 12th of April. ( I made the order because it said on the website I I'll get it on the date of its release ). There was no tracking info by that time except the package is on transit in mississauga. So I contacted bestbuy customer service and they told me please allow few more days!. And if you didn't receive it by 20th April please contact us.
When I place an online order I expect to get my package on the same day the website says I will receive it on. I preordered the game so I be one of the people how had it from the first d
Scout
0 Kudos

Day not the day after. I should have bought it from **competitor** those guys don't play around if they say you will receive it on the X day, you will receive on that day end of discussion.

I'm not mad because my shipment is delayed, I'm mad because I feel so deceived, when I read I will receive it as early as 12 April. I thought I will receive it on that day but apparently ( the word as early as ) is used to deceive people, nothing more, so that you can't blame bestbuy because they said as early as, and not a confirmed date.
But now I know where to do online shopping next time.
Community Manager

Hi @Ahmedit89,

I'd like to start by welcoming you to Plug-in! Thank you for choosing to order your game with Best Buy.  Which game did you pre-order?

I am sorry you're feeling frustrated and disappointed with the fact that you haven't received your game on release day. We never want our customers to feel this way and we really do value your business. 

We do our best to provide release day delivery for all pre-orders, but at the same time we cannot break street date for these games, so there is a bit of a balancing act that comes into play to get our customers their game as early as possible. We use the verbage "arrives as early as..." because in some cases we've been able to have the game in customers hands on release day, other times, the game ships on release day.

We appreciate our customers feedback and use it to better improve our processes for future orders. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any further questions or concerns. I'm happy to help with anything you need. 

BBYBilly
Community Coordinator

Truth Seeker
0 Kudos

I placed an order online for a Vimio Smart TV 32 inches.  I was given a confirmation of my order and a delivery date.  I have today received an email telling me that the inventory online was wrong and the product was not available.  I have now missed the sale and cannot buy the same or similar product at the price I was willing to pay.  I have been offered a discount coupon of $25.00 that expires next Friday.  So if I cannot find the same value between now and May 6th, I am out of luck.  I bought the product in good faith and should not be penalized for Best Buy inefficiency.  The product was to be delivered today by Canada Post.  Best Buy sent me an email at 4:06 pm to let me know that my order has been cancelled.  I missed work in order to receive my TV from Best Buy since I did not have anyone at home that could do this.  I find this type of service to be unacceptable and cavalier.  My time and aggravation is worth more that $25.00 coupon that expires in a 10 days.  I expect to be  offered the same product could be different brand but with the same specs at the same price.  I did not make a mistake when ordering Best Buy made a mistake on the website.   Kathleen Flynn

Community Manager
0 Kudos

Hi @KatFlynn,

I'd like to start by welcoming you to Plug-in and thank you for taking the time to post about your experience. I can understand your frustration. Smiley Frustrated

I would like to escalate this to our Customer Experience team if you'd be ok with having someone reach out to you?

Please check your private messages and shoot me a note back with your contact and receipt details and I'll have our team contact you. 

Thank you for letting me know about your order. I am truly sorry for all the trouble and I anticipate your private message.  

BBYBilly
Community Coordinator

rb
Scout
0 Kudos

I ordered 4 WD portable drives for work on Apr 20/16 with the delivery date showing next day air.  My order never arrived the next day, I contacted customer service, I was told to give it a couple of days.  I tracked the shipment and it was delivered but not to my location, I again contacted customer service they said they would credit my account and to reorder the items. 

On Apr 25/16, I again ordered the 4 drives and again they did not show up the next day.  I contacted customer service and informed them they did not arrive and that the tracking showed it was delivered, not to my address.  Again, I was told wait a week and if it does not arrive they will put a lost shipment trace.  I waited until the following week, even though I needed them in a rush.  I contacted customer service again, I was told a credit was issued to my account for the order.  Great, but I still don't have the product.  I asked them again, why it was not delivered and how do I know if I order it again it will arrive.  I was told to contact the courier to find out why it was returning the item back to Best Buy and once I have a resolution to reorder.  I contacted customer service to resolve my issue and in turn was told to do it myself.  The other thing, how long have they had the shipment returned to them, why wasn't I notified???  Also the courier they directed me to contact was not the courier that had the shipment.  I have sent numerous emails without any resolution to my problem.

The individuals dealing with my inquiry were no help.  I am extremely disappointed at the service I have received. I will never order from them again and I won't go back in their stores either.