Scout
0 Kudos

supposed to be free shipping when you purchase $35 or morewhat about outside sellers

If I wanted to shop on another web site i would, I wanted to shop on BestBuy site but free shipping isnt offered for outside sellers.....whats the point of this?

Legendary Epic Genius

Re: supposed to be free shipping when you purchase $35 or morewhat about outside sellers

That's because Best Buy isn't shipping the item to you, so the money you spend buying something from a third party seller doesn't count towards the free shipping amount.

You'll encounter the same thing should you buy something from a third party seller on the other website I imagine you're referring to.

The free shipping only applies to items shipped and sole by Best Buy. If it's sold by someone else, Best Buy cannot guarantee shipping times or costs.

JB

Plugin_emailSignature.jpg

Scout
0 Kudos

Re: supposed to be free shipping when you purchase $35 or morewhat about outside sellers

agin like I said I came to the BESTBUY site not someone else's site i want what BESTBUY is selling on THEIR site and free shipping......why offer free shipping if it's not free....re someone elses products.....

this is stupid.....

Legendary Epic Genius

Much like competitors, Best Buy offers up their website to third party sellers who are looking to sell their tech-related items as a storefront, so that they can simply pay Best Buy a percentage of the money they make off of sales instead of having to set up their own website and storefront for a higher cost. Other websites do this as well, and while I can't say them here, I am sure you know what sites I am talking about.

When you are purchasing an item from a third party seller on the Best Buy website, it is clearly stated on the product page that the item is "shipped and sold by" whoever the third party seller is.

When you buy from a third party seller, you are not purchasing from Best Buy. You are purchasing the item from the seller, who then gives Best Buy that percentage of the sale price to cover the cost of them using Best Buy's website. The benefit to having third party sellers on Best Buy's website is that it helps expand the products that are available to ones that are not normally carried by Best Buy directly. This is especially true from a tech standpoint as there are many people who still use older technology components that often time disappear from Best Buy's warehouses because they are also keeping up with the most recent things. Having third party sellers on Best Buy's website helps keep some of the more obscure items available.

The problem you seem to be having is that you were under the impression that ALL sales that happen on Best Buy's website are purchases from Best Buy directly. This is not the case, and any purchases made from third party sellers are not purchases made from Best Buy, and thus do not count towards the free shipping, as that is a promotion offered by Best Buy. Shipping on sales from third party sellers is handled by the third party.

It sucks that you were confused, and I'm sorry that this isn't the answer you're looking for. The only suggestion I can give you is in the future make sure you keep an eye on the product page you're looking at to ensure that it doesn't have third party seller information on it.

JB

Plugin_emailSignature.jpg