totalgeno
Aspiring Member
0 Kudos

How long does it REALLY take for points to go from Pending to Posted?

[ Edited ]

Looking for some people's ACTUAL experiences, since the policies may or may not always be followed.

I made some purchases under the Choose your holiday reward promo on November 5th (spend $500, get $75). I see the points in pending. And still see them in pending. Using some date calculators, today is now day 38. How much longer should I be expected to wait?

I'd like to clarify neither the basic 500+ points nor the bonus 6000 points have moved from pending to posted, although both show a November 5th date

RZ_Gal
Aspiring Member

Re: How long does it REALLY take for points to go from Pending to Posted?

Pending points are not posted to your account until they’ve been validated. This validation occurs approximately 36 days after purchase or date of shipment. The time factors in returns/exchanges to the original purchase.  I have personally experienced pending points posted on time.

To determine why your points may have not posted, it is best to contact call Member Services at 1-866-969-7393 or email rewardzone@bestbuycanada.ca for account related inquires.  This way, they can look into your account and address your particular situation directly. 

As a reminder, Plug-in is a space for the Best Buy Canada community to exchange ideas, tips, information, and techniques related to the products and services available in our stores. Support inquiries are best handled by our customer service team. 

Thank you.

totalgeno
Aspiring Member
0 Kudos

Thanks RZ_Gal,

I'll start initiating CS requests in a week if they still aren't posting. I hate dealing with technical support. I don't suppose points require manual validation, do they?

If by day 45 they still haven't moved from pending to posted... something is really wrong with the coding.

totalgeno
Aspiring Member
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

An update to my situation - the points finally went from pending to posted on day 40 (Wednesday). However, although I've gone way past my threshold, my certificate hasn't been issued yet as of today (day 43)

Here's hoping I can get it before Xmas so I can use it for gifts instead of my own money (it doesn't seem like anything ever processes on a weekend)

DanTheMuffinMan
0 Kudos

it usually takes between 30 and 40 days, but heress the catch. They ONLY post certificates on thursdays, yeah took a while for them to e-mail me that little tidbit.