Highlighted
Scout
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

How do I get the "bell satellite programming" on my LG 55UF6800 using the "Magic Remote" ?

I have purchased the 55UF6800 model of LG TV's. I have set it up as per instructions but when I use the "magic remote", I cannot access the Bell TV Satellite programming schedule. I have no problem getting this with the regular "remote" controller that comes standard with this TV. By the way, I used the "Magic" remote to set up the TV when I got it. What am I doing wrong? Should I be able to access the "Bell Programming" with either remote? I have reset both the TV and my Bell receiver

trying to correct this problem, no luck. Thanks in advance for any help on this. 

Legendary Oracle

Re: How do I get the "bell satellite programming" on my LG 55UF6800 using the "Magic

Duvie wrote:

I have purchased the 55UF6800 model of LG TV's. I have set it up as per instructions but when I use the "magic remote", I cannot access the Bell TV Satellite programming schedule. I have no problem getting this with the regular "remote" controller that comes standard with this TV. By the way, I used the "Magic" remote to set up the TV when I got it. What am I doing wrong? Should I be able to access the "Bell Programming" with either remote? I have reset both the TV and my Bell receiver

trying to correct this problem, no luck. Thanks in advance for any help on this. 

Welcome to the Best Buy Community Plug-in Forum @Duvie Smiley Happy

It's entirely possible that the Magic remote has not yet been configured to operate the Bell TV satellite receiver.

Even though it is paired to operate the TV's WebOS (for set up, smart features), it is not yet configured to operate a Set top Box / Satellite receiver or external device like Blu ray etc..,

I can suggest the LG customer Suppport page for programming support and guidance. Also,If you purchased the TV from Best Buy within the past 90 days, you are also entitled to Geek Squad "Ask an Agent" Support by dialing the toll free 1-800 GeekSquad and providing the receipt information ( 4 part key) . Should there be a need, the Geek squad can provide a "Diagnostic service" call to properly program the Magic remote.for a fee.

You may also need to provide the make and model of the Telus Satellite receiver to the Customer Support Agent..

Plugin_emailSignature.jpg

Scout

Re: How do I get the "bell satellite programming" on my LG 55UF6800 using the "Magic

I did as you suggested and contacted BEST BUY support. They were able to solve my problem, but I dont think they were familiar with the layout of they keys/buttons on the Magic Remote. The reason I say this is they did not ever suggest what I finally done on my own to find the BELL Satellite programming that was configured and ready to use with the Magic Remote.

Here is what I done to find it.

1) Activate the "cursor" of your remote by either rolling the Scroll wheel or shaking the remote slightly.

2) Push the button on the key pad of the Magic Remote that is located just to the lower right of the Scroll wheel. It shows a small remote on the button itself. This will give you a "Remote Control" layout on the TV screen.

3) Place the Cursor over the "Guide" button the this remote on your screen, and push down on the Scroll Wheel, This will give you the  receiver (Bell) guide for your programming.

4) Use the Scroll Wheel to change the pages and the UP or Down around the edge of the Scroll Wheel to highlight the program you want to watch, then press down on the Scroll wheel and you will have that program on your screen for viewing.

I hope this will be of help to others in the same situation as I was.

Legendary Oracle

That's great information @Duvie, thank you for the update.

Plugin_emailSignature.jpg