Community Manager

Re: Nvidia Shield Android TV

Hey everyone,

I've checked in with the team here and it looks like they are working to make the Nvidia Shield Android TV available in the near future. I should be able to provide more info soon. 

Thank you for your patience. Smiley Happy

BBYBilly
Community Coordinator
Plug-in | Join the conversation

Legendary Oracle

It's hereSmiley Happy

The Nvidia Shield Android TV has arrived. woohoo!!

along with some accessories for a complete solution.

Scout
0 Kudos

Any chance these will come with the promotions that nvidia currently has?

Pioneer
0 Kudos

I ended up purchasing one online from another canadian vendor shortly after my original post....definitely worth it.....a great addition.

I finally see that they are now available online via bestbuy.ca (great news) but it looks like only the 500gb edition is available....any chance the standard version without the harddrive will be an option (this is what I have and definitely am interested in another....hoping I can use the father's day gift cards on this).

gully

Community Manager
0 Kudos

Hi @gully53,

Thank you for asking, after checking with the team, it looks like we'll have this available online within the next 24 hours approx. Smiley Happy 

Have fun spending the Father's Day gift cards! Happy belated Father's Day! Smiley Happy

BBYBilly
Community Coordinator

Pioneer
0 Kudos

Great.....will keep checking to site to see it posted/added.....nothing yet though.

gully

Truth Seeker
0 Kudos

Did you guys pull the NVIDIA Shiel Android TV out of bestbuy once again? Smiley Frustrated

Community Manager
0 Kudos

Hi @BrandonBelleza,

Welcome to Plug-in! 

Unfortunately we've sold out of this model and we haven't been told when we'll receive a restock I'm sorry to report. 

I've asked our team to keep me up to date as we confirm more arrivals, I'll post here.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help with or if you have any questions or concerns.

Have a great long weekend.

BBYBilly
Community Coordinator

Truth Seeker
0 Kudos

I'm checking daily to see if the Nvidea Shield has become available through Best Buy or not. I plan on buying one before Christmas and so far it looks like I'll be ordering online elsewhere. Hopefully it'll be back in stock soon.

The Captain
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I am also waiting for the Nvidia Shield TV 16GB version.

None of the stores in Canada are selling this. Why is Best Buy which is likely the largest electronics store in Canada unable to have this item in stock when its USA stores have lots in stock?

If there is a shortage from Nvidia of these devices why not take some stock from the USA Best Buy warehouses.

Or even better, given the size of the business from Best Buy you should charge Nvidia a penalty for being unable to supply the product.