Truth Seeker
0 Kudos

Sound on a TV program overrides sound from youtube app on my new Samsung Smart TV. Help

I purchased a Samsung UHD TV a couple of weeks ago and downloaded some apps.  I was currently watching a tv program and switched to youtube.  I can hear sound from the TV program but no sound from youtube however I get the youtube picture.  I deleted the app and reinstalled it.  Re booted the TV.  Changed the sound source to TV rather than Bell TV but did not fix the problem.  

Legendary Oracle
0 Kudos

Re: Sound on a TV program overrides sound from youtube app on my new Samsung Smart TV. Help

[ Edited ]

Hi @DebbieMacCallum welcome to the Best Buy Community Plug-In forum Smiley Happy

Can you confirm, if you have the TV's or Cable box sound, connected through a stereo/surround sound system or an external sound bar ?

Scout
0 Kudos

Re: Sound on a TV program overrides sound from youtube app on my new Samsung Smart TV. Help

[ Edited ]

Hi

Depending on how your system is set up, you might not be able to get sound from your TV to your sound bar or receiver. Here's everything you need to get your home audio gear working with the likes of Netflix.

TOP 5 INTERACTIVE SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING TOOLS

Legendary Oracle
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Sorry @rajesh90, the information you provided has nothing to do with connectivity of a sound bar to a UHD TV for audio on Smart features like NetFlix or Youtube.

Audio from Smart applications like NetFlix, YouTube, can be achieved if the TV's audio output is connected to a soundbar, we need to confirm if @DebbieMacCallum has connected the HDMI from her cable box directly to the sound bar first, then to TV, or vice versa. In either case the TV's audio output must be connected to the soundbar, without HDMI looping through it.

So, Cable box to TV via HDMI, and TV audio output to soundbar or stereo receiver. this will provide audio no matter what source is selected on the TV.

Highlighted
Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

Check if there is a separate volume control in the YouTube app.