Scout
0 Kudos

tv return

hello,what's the return period for televisions that were bought on sale.

Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

Re: tv return

[ Edited ]
Scout
0 Kudos

what if it says 15 days on the receipt? I bought the tv during the boxing week sale and it was open box. thanks.
Epic Genius
0 Kudos

Re: TVs return

TV's, even open box, are all 30 day return period.  For our extended return period it would have been until Jan 5 or 30 days, whichever is longer (it was designed to make sure people had long enough to come back and do returns or exchanges after the Christmas gifts were received).  On all receipts it does have on the back the return policies in general terms, but it should say that there are 30 days to return, except on certain items and the full list is available online.  Where on the receipt does it say 15 days?

David G.
Multi-Channel Sales Assistant
Best Buy Kanata
(613)287-3912

Truth Seeker
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

i've purchased my tv last boxing day,. and i find out that it has a small dot on the right lower edge of the screen and its getting bigger,. do you think i can retun the tv, even i never buy a warranty?

Legendary Hero of the Universe

Unfortunately you are outside of your return period, the best you can do is do a repair through the manufacture warranty

Legendary Oracle
0 Kudos

shawnb44 wrote:
what if it says 15 days on the receipt? I bought the tv during the boxing week sale and it was open box. thanks.

Hi @shawnb44, If a sales receipt specifies a return/exchange date, then it applies accordingly, because a sales receipt is considered a "sales contract". If the receipt specifies "final sale" then no return or exchange, nor refund, is allowed by the vendor.

Changing the above, is at the vendor's discretion and may be considered, as a customer service in good faith.