Pioneer
0 Kudos

Extended service plans

Hi there. I recently was informed that the music department at bestbuy will be closing in 2 months time. I have bought 3 guitars from bestbuy this year which all include extended service plans. My question now is how is bestbuy planning on honoring these unused service plans?
Legendary Oracle

Re: Extended service plans

[ Edited ]

Hi @Scott79 Smiley Happy Welcome to the Best Buy community Plug-In forum

The Geek Squad Protection plan you purchased with your equipment will be honoured for the duration of the plan. Should your product fail within that period of time, it will be repaired or replaced as required, as the Service Plan is covered by an assurant who will guide you through a process, all you need to remember is to dial 1800GeekSquad if you require help with your product. Pleae remember you will need verification information from the original bill of sale.

Pioneer
0 Kudos

I believe the service plan on musical instruments is different than product protection plans. Since there will be no guitar techs employed at the best buy in kelowna I see no way of having them serviced. I forgot to mention the plan includes 3 free string changes and complete tune ups.
Legendary Oracle

I don't know exactly what steps will be taken by the assurant once you initiate a call to use the services quoted in your plan.

I would speculate that if need be, the assurant might contact a local authorized music shop and arrange for you to have your guitar serviced there, or if it will need to be shipped to the Central Geek Squad Service Center in your area.

The only way to know for sure, is for you to call that numberSmiley Wink

Fear not, Geek Squad is here to helpSmiley Happy

Highlighted
Pioneer
0 Kudos

Ok thanks so much for the prompt replies!😀